PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Investment

Leonardo Vega
10-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Hi,

I'm a traditional (and 3D) artist, and I want to start making some digital 2D work! I work on mostly cartoonish style work, but I want to have good solid control over my shading and colors.

I have Photoshop Elements, but drawing with a mouse is too shakey.

I'm considering a Wacom Tablet... is it REALLY worth getting? And which one do you recommend?

Thanks!
Leo :D

p.s. A PROS and CONS list would be excellent!!

IZZE
10-20-2003, 09:33 PM
From what I hear, YES! but be sure to get the A5 at least. A6 is too small. I was about to get one, but im saving for size.

Steeldolphin
10-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Definitely a worthwhile investment. Just make sure you get one that suits your needs, and space requirements.

dg
10-21-2003, 11:47 AM
It really worths if you draw, paint and do a lot of image retouch, otherwise might be a bad investment, as for the size matter it will depend on your desk size, monitor size, use and stroke size.
So I reccomend that before you buy one use the Wizard provided by Wacom to find the right one for you.

Which Tablet is right for you? (http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm)

See ya!

erikals
10-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes!

Once you get it you will never go back :)
I don't like to use it for non-graphics appz, but it's great for painting in e.g. PhotoShop.

You won't regret it :)

(I have an A5, and it's great, but if you hook up dual monitors you'll only be able to use half the space of the tablet for each monitor, which I don't like that much. Therefor you might want to buy one that is bigger)

It also depends on the style you draw real drawings. If you usually draw small doodles like i do, A5 works fine, but if you are used to making big drawings maybe you will think it's too small.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.