PDA

View Full Version : Wind Problem

Buddycuffs
02-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm not totally advanced with PFlow yet, so forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question..

In this scene I have I'm trying to split an particle object up and have it get sucked into 2 different points, but when I set up my wind space warps on either side of the object, the particles just spin around in a loop because they're equal strengths.

Is there a way to make the warps take the particles closer to their respective sides?
If not, any tips on how I'd achieve this effect? I don't really know of a visual example to show.

Thanks

naik
02-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Not quite sure what you exactly mean
But you can easily split your particles
with several operators. Split , send out
Even with a deflector which send them
After a collision Test to a new event.

A pic or a scene would help.

Tyn
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
You could try using a gravity instead of wind force. Gravity allows decay and you can set it to spherical instead of planar. If you place the gravity center at the point where the particles get sucked up, the closer they are to that point, the stronger the force will be, so they won't spin around in a loop, once they're heading in one direction they should keep heading that way.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.