PDA

View Full Version : Particles born behind emitter

Calibrix
02-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey guys, I have an interesting question. If I make a particle emitter and then emit a particle at high speed, say 500. My particles appear to be born behind my emitter. The faster I emit them the further behind they are born. What causes this and how can it be avoided. For instance, if I wanted to make a particle effect like a bullet tracer that needs to be moving very fast, my tracers would end up being emitted behind my emitter. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

ruchitinfushion
02-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Double Post

ruchitinfushion
02-19-2011, 04:55 AM
It's called paradox...Lol or may be your bullet is suffering from side effects of newton's law of motion(Every action,there is equal & opp reaction).... Hahahahaha..OMG..Ok,serious now.What kind of emitter are you using? And what status abt Particle?,they have any relation with any fields or collision surface? try to put test scene here if you can.Thank you

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2011, 04:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.