PDA

View Full Version : Renders outside of render window stalling out.

jerseycajun
02-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Here's an issue which has been plaguing me for a little bit now.

There are some of my files which the only way to render them are in the render window inside of Maya.

Simply clicking on the render icon in the render shelf, or rendering from a batch file script results in the render stalling and hanging indefinitely.

When it happens within maya, it hangs right at the 0% rendered mark in the script editor.

When it happens outside of maya in the command window, it stalls immediately after "done writing the archive file" appears in view.

I can still render a still in maya in the render window, but that's the least efficient way to do it, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen, heard, or may know what might be happening here. The resource monitor says memory and processor resources are being used while its hanging, but nothing happens, even after long periods of waiting (long after it would have been rendered in the render window).

jerseycajun
02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
It only seems to happen on some scenes, and not others. It didn't always act up like this either. I have successful batch renders from months ago, the same scenes are now among the ones which don't batch render.

The simplest test scenes I create still do function with that feature, so I'm at my wits end, so to speak. So close to victory, and so far away still...

I'll take any ideas anyone has.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.