PDA

View Full Version : maya fluid preview

DuttyFoot
02-17-2011, 02:48 AM
here is a fluid tech preview put up in the area.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/cory/maya_fluids_technology_preview

fantasizer
02-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Is it just a meshing technology? Is it simulated with nParticle?

Aikiman
02-17-2011, 03:47 AM
dare I say it...ugly.
Hope they make some improvements on that.

Phlok
02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I really don't get what this is really about. Mixing fluids? Meshing? The genreal workflow was possible before with nPatrticles. As Aikiman said- the mesh is far from what can be achieved with other meshing tools in the industry and the particle resolution seems low. Maybe the feature is that fluid properties, e.g. color will be transferred into the mesh color. Does anybody know what's the specific matter with that, in the first place?

As long as nucleus remains slow as hell, using just one thread, I'd rather do simulations like these in RealFlow or other packages with more control on fluid attributes, faster solving algorithms and better meshing functionality.

toho
02-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I think its fluids
and i liked it because fluids are multithreaded and faster then nParticles
they can easily adjusted by resolution and autoresize.
It would be nice to have this kind of simulation

ovspianist
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah I think it's grid based liquid solver in that video. It's bounded within a fluid container and generally faster than SPH particle liquid.

The preview doesn't show too much in terms of the quality, I really worry about the output. Like for nParticle liquid solver, I never use it, it's too slow and hard to produce nice results.
Let's hope that Autodesk, for once, will not screw a new maya build completely and make something good. There's an article written in Chinese titled "Autodesk is maya's mean step-mother", I think it really is the truth.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.