PDA

View Full Version : slow rig due to path constraint

shalabology
02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
i m 3ds max user , i sat up a stretchy ik fk spine with look at and position constraints are set for stretchy bones and path constraint for the spline , i think it s just well known set up , may something similar for that set up explained by louis marcoux on area , it works fine but the problem comes when there are more limbs to attach with that spine for example arms when linked to its upper most ,the play back speed is NOT affected at all , but when u edit the spine fk controller in curve editor track view theres seems some lag of time to give feed back which is weired and the animation of these fk controls are not kept when trying to remerge the animated character
i guess its the path constraint thing although invetable but really killer ,any ideas rather than changing the set up methodology coz i like it and it seems quite adorable by animators

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.