PDA

View Full Version : C4d and Messiah 4

wuensch
10-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi,
i am one of those Messiah 3 and c4d owners.
Hardly used M:A3 because of the Cinema4d connection not working with R8.

I have played with them M:A4 demo to find out if it all works now and and I could go for the update.
The connection with the M:A4 demo seemed to work good at first, then after a while i had the problem that c4d did not send the objects to M:A-- had to delete the M:A temp file if I remember right (I remembered that from M:A3).
A try todirect the new connection from the demo to my M:A 3 to find out if it works failed miserably (worked at first, then i saved the file and after re-opening it was all messed up).

So my question:

Is there a c4d owner working with M:A4 already and how does the connection stand up (I mean not dabbling with the demo, but saving files, re-opening them, maybe even copy-pasting animation between files and such?
Can it be considered working and stable?

Greetings,
Oliver Wuensch

tjnyc
10-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately it is not stable and fully functioning, as I was hoping for with Studio release 1.5a. I 'm testing it out for actual production work with C4D and everything worked well, except for these 2 problems.

1. It crashed when I went to do a test render in Studio.

2. Could not open C4D scene files that I had Messiah assigned objects, it stated it was bad or something like that.

I'm going to send an example file to pmG, they tend to do a good job of ironing out bugs once you provide the needed information.

Cheers,

wuensch
10-20-2003, 02:43 PM
hmmm--souds there is hope-
Problem 1 is no problem for me (no Studio)
Problem 2 is serious but just one problem, after all--
I will wait awhile, when then ask again.
When all is fine I might order my update.
Its a powerful software after all, and Rev 4 has some very cool features--
Thanks for your reply,
Olli

RonGriswold
10-20-2003, 09:03 PM
There is an updated version in our downloads section, this might fix the problems you were having. If not, please do send me that file so I can try to track down the problem.

Thanks,

tjnyc
10-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow! Great Ron. The update fixed the second problem I was having. I will have to see if it fixed the first. :)

Venkman
10-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Is this program going to come out on Mac OS X? I've been looking at it and I would love to have great tools like this that work with Cinema 4d.

I really want to get into character animation in C4d, but because of other investments in hardware and software I cannot afford to switch to a PC.

Besides, I have nowhere to put a PC in my room at this point! :rolleyes:

Plus, I love my Mac. :love:

tOd
10-24-2003, 05:32 PM
They have said they were planning to in the future. Im sure its going to be awhile.

lmilton
10-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Venkman
Is this program going to come out on Mac OS X? I've been looking at it and I would love to have great tools like this that work with Cinema 4d.

I really want to get into character animation in C4d, but because of other investments in hardware and software I cannot afford to switch to a PC.

Besides, I have nowhere to put a PC in my room at this point! :rolleyes:

Plus, I love my Mac. :love:

While we do have Mac support planned, I'm sure you can appreciate our reluctance to post any release dates. When there's something new to report, we'll post here, on yahoo, and on our site. No doubt the news will show up on www.zoogono.com and in the C4D forums.

I have my Mac sitting right on top of my pc;)

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.