PDA

View Full Version : I need some help..

blackaurora555
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Alright! I am currently lighting a room for an assignment of mine for school. Now my College has not taught Textures yet but asked us to texture this room.. which makes no sense to me. I've been teaching myself and I had a few questions.. Why are my photons not working on the textures I currently have? Did I have to do the whole Photon process before texturing my objects?

I think that's about it for now.. I didn't know if I should have started this thread in the Textures section or not. But I figured if I was looking for professionals on the topic of lighting/texturing, this is where'd I'd find them.

Thanks!

michaelaaut
02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
- which software ?
- which render ?

In general of course you should shade and texture your room. You can post a snapshot or even the entire scene and I can help you in lighting and shading the room.

I don't know how much you know about rendering and GI -but I wouldn't use any kind of photons.
You should be good using simple rectangular light shapes and GI - or FG depending on the render you use.

At the moment I can't help you more - would need more information.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.