PDA

View Full Version : DaveSchool Review

Erickzon
02-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Hello everyone, I'm interested in going to Daveschool in Orlando but I still have some doubts. First of all I want to get into the vissual effects and digital animation media, so, this school offers me a 1 year program for about 34 grand. My questions are:

Does anybody knows if they have any kind of financial aid? If so, how is it?
Is it really worth it? I mean, does daveschool have a good reputation?
Does one year is enough? Because I've heard that in VFS they give the students a huge load of work for 6 months only and it's really expensive
Also note that I'm an international student.
So... tell me everything you know please.

Also I would like to know any other recomendation for Vissual Effects and digital Animation schools like Gnomon school of vissual effects.
Thank You.

:)

cyclonetrap
02-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Hi Erikzon,

I'm also considering the Dave School (Orlando, FL) for Digital Animation & Visual Effects. I've been in talks with their admissions representative. From what he has informed me - they have a loan system tie-up, where a US resident has to co-sign with you (financial Aid). Even I'm an international student, like you. I can suggest that you also get in touch with them for the specific information that you want.

As for other questions - like "worth it" , "reputation", etc - Even I'm looking for the answers. :)

Erickzon
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
OK ok thank you very much, I'm getting in touch also, let's see what happens haha, good look, if you know anything else please let me know

MrConterno
03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Hello everyone, I'm interested in going to Daveschool in Orlando but I still have some doubts. First of all I want to get into the vissual effects and digital animation media, so, this school offers me a 1 year program for about 34 grand. My questions are:

Does anybody knows if they have any kind of financial aid? If so, how is it? This is more a question for their administration, but I don't think a non us citizen will qualify for anything they give.

Is it really worth it? I mean, does daveschool have a good reputation? DAVE school is known. It doesn't carry a name like Gnomon or Ringling though. Best way to put it I guess is that they don't have a bad one :p.

Does one year is enough? Because I've heard that in VFS they give the students a huge load of work for 6 months only and it's really expensive: That question is asked all the time around here. The general answer is, you get what you put in. So if you are constantly going above and beyond what they ask of you, then yes it is worth it. Will you get a job at Blizzard right out of DAVE school, hell no. Will you get a job, most probably.

Also I would like to know any other recomendation for Vissual Effects and digital Animation schools like Gnomon school of vissual effects.

This one is hard because you aren't exactly using the terms correctly.

Animation:
VFS
Ringling
SCAD
Gnomon (just redid their animation track looks really good)
Animation Tutor

Modeling:
VFS
Gnomon

Effects:
Gnomon
VFS
Lost Boys

Those are the big boys at the moment.

:)

in the quote

Erickzon
03-10-2011, 06:58 AM
in the quote

Ok thank you very much for your advice, right now I'm planning to attend to gnomon school for the 1 year track and then joining daveschool because staying in LA and studying the 2 year track of gnomon would be very expensive for me...
This seems like the best option for me, beacuse I need animation drawing fundamentals and I can't have them at daveschool.

MrConterno
03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Ok thank you very much for your advice, right now I'm planning to attend to gnomon school for the 1 year track and then joining daveschool because staying in LA and studying the 2 year track of gnomon would be very expensive for me...
This seems like the best option for me, beacuse I need animation drawing fundamentals and I can't have them at daveschool.

Well then see you when you get here :p.

(I'm a Gnomon student)

Erickzon
03-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Well then see you when you get here :p.

(I'm a Gnomon student)

Oh nice, haha if everything goes right I'll see you there.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2011, 12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.