PDA

View Full Version : Array around path and animate?

simbadinuk
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Im trying to create an array of objects around a mesh so that when i animate the mesh the objects move too.

Ive hit a few problems including:

1) I need to array the objects around a circle so that if i rotate one of the objects they all rotate but still be able to change individual orientations

2) The objects need to be aligned with the circle

3) If i moved a point of the circle mesh the corresponding arrayed object would also move

4) Im hoping to animate the final product

At the moment the furthest i can get is array the objects around a circle so that i can move points of the circle and move the objects.

Thanks
Sam

jonahhawk
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Use a path constraint on each of the objects in the array. Use the circle as the path and set each object to a corresponding percentage along the path; 8 objects at 0%,12,5%,25%, 37.5%, 50%, etc. Now when you move the circle, the array objects move as well. Take it one more level by using Point helpers as the array objects with path constraints. then linking the geometry objects to the point helpers.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.