PDA

View Full Version : relative coordinates in softimage???

lowell
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi there guys,

I'm just new here in cgtalk and a long time 3dsmax user. I'm interested in learning softimage I believe it can do archviz work here, now I want to ask where can I access this so called relative coordinates like in 3dsmax? my purpose of this is like for example i want to change the height of a door opening about 10 units then it only showing the global coordinates in the translate.

Thanks in advance.

oktawu
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
to do that, you'll have to create a reference plane, or use another object as reference
for your door. You can do that from the transform panel. Problem is, even if your
coordinate system will change accordingly, your values will always be shown in softimage
units, which some people have no problem with. But for accurate, scale based work, it can get pretty annoying.

lowell
02-15-2011, 12:35 PM
thanks mate I got it and its working

grahamef
02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure whether this is what you are asking for, but you can enter 10+ or 10- in the numeric boxes. There's lots of other little things you can type there: http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/interface_SettingValuesforParameters.htm#Rah71840

lowell
02-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Big thanks to you guys both your tips are working

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2011, 06:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.