PDA

View Full Version : SMC-D30 :: Week 1

Williamwinkler
02-14-2011, 02:36 AM
This week I thought I would start us out on something that tends to get over looked on character models, the hands. There is a lot of personality and character in the hand that can be brought out to push a model to the next level.

The refrance images are posted on the blog spot, smc-d30-ref.blogspot.com , please comment on there if you would like more or different reference. Please post your blog spot of your daily creations and at the end of the week repost your .gif so we can see the progression made. I recommend you to look at others blogspots for inspiration, ideas, and workflow. I also would like you to "fallow" those that you know or like there work, its a good way to encourage people to stay on task with this knowing they have people watching.

Thank you and good luck,
Wink

Gryshnak
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Posting to say I haven't forgotten about this, just had a recurring health problem flare up again. I'll have a go at this tomorrow, heck I'll probably do one in the morning and another in the afternoon.

Gryshnak
02-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Should I post pics here, or in a new thread? This is as far as I got in the first half hour. I figured I'd use my own hand as reference, since it's always there to refer to! Very tricky, never done a hand before...

BenjiCS
02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey guys! This is my first day, I'm exploring a workflow within Zbrush. I want to see how far I can go before needing to output. I'm new to Zbrush, but it's awesome!

Thanks for this challenge.

P.S. I didn't make it to retopo for this post, so there are no edge flow images.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mwRr34U37WY/TVxeqz-O1fI/AAAAAAAAAAU/Q2x-3e4Y_7c/s1600/SpeedModeling21411.jpg

Williamwinkler
02-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Yes I like the idea of posting in the per week forum. I recommend making a blogspot just for the D30 if its something your into, that way you can post your hi-res images daily. Later tonight I'll be posting the "how to" video on how to make a gif.

syunikiso
02-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Just found this thread today, sounds interesting. When this 1st week is going to end? Monday?
I'll try to get the job done. Will be posting my progress here very soon :bounce:

EAndrew
02-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm gonna give this a shot :)

Williamwinkler
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
This one ends sunday and a new one starts sunday. I say you should shoot to do it for 5 days, so monday - friday but that is not a hard and fast rule. I have to post my progress.

I still trying to feel out how I would like to see the post on here. I think it would be most interesting to see the results posted daily and a final progress gif like I talked about poster at the end.

Wink

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.