PDA

View Full Version : Facial Rig

robert89
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi everybody,

I've just finished this facial rig and I was wondering what you think about it?
I don't have a lot of experience with facial rigging and creating believable expressions, I would appreciate any feedback.

A video of the rig can be found here: http://rjoostenart.com/FacialRig.htm

Robert

mccollom73
02-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Very nice work man. I haven't gone to much indepth into facial rigging myself, but everything looks very well done.

Sticky lips, how the heck did you do that. I've been trying to figure a good way to do it myself, and your seems legit.

Josh

robert89
02-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Thank you,

The sticky lips are done with an additional set of bones that can be blended between the original lip bones.

Robert

weyu
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm really diging this rig, it was cool to read how you did the lips.

But I'm still wondering about the eyes. To me it looks like the eye shapes the lid not only when the eyeball rotates up and down but also horisontaly which is awesome. :)

So my question is, how do you rig the eyelids so that they are pushed by the eye in that manner, the way it pushed the polys was really cool.

robert89
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
A well-placed Sculpt deformer parented to the eyeball does the trick, but it does take some testing to get it right.

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.