PDA

View Full Version : Variation in Field Volume Control

onticd
02-13-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm trying to breakup the hard profile edge of a particle sim that has a field with a volume control shape. I thought maybe a pp expression that adds to the position might allow it to escape the volume, but that hasn't been working. Just curious if this can be done without additional fields or objects.

Calibrix
02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Can't you just add a turbulence field to the simulation?

onticd
02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I may not have worded it the best. I have a field with a Volume Control Shape, and I like the look of things overall, but it sticks pretty tight to the volume boundary.

I've experimented a lot with the Trap settings, but it's not as controllable as I'd like. Just curious if there is anyway to add pp values forcing particles outside of the boundary.

softimage69
02-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Yeah... I would say play with the Freq/Mag of the field, and a bit with the Attenuation settings.

onticd
02-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the tips. I couldn't end up scripting it directly. Ended up having to throw in a few more fields.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2011, 03:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.