PDA

View Full Version : Layers in painter

phamtastic
10-20-2003, 01:48 AM
Ok, I'm dumb, but is there a way to merge layers in painter? I can't find this info anywhere. I want to merge specific layers and not merge to the canvas.

Jinbrown
10-20-2003, 02:21 AM
Hi,

Two commands:

Group and Collapse

Hold down the Shift key and highlight the Layers you want to Group.

Use Ctrl/Command+G to Group the Layers.

At the bottom of the Layers palette, click the left icon (Layer Commands icon) and choose Collapse.

NOTE: If any of the Layers in the Group are set to a Composite Method other than Default, the Collapse command will be greyed out.

Depending on your image, the workaround method will vary, so if you need to ask about this, be sure to include your Painter version number, how many Layers, what kinds of Layers (regular Layers, Liquid Ink, Water Color, Text, Dynamic Layers, etc.), and any other information that might help, such as image dimensions and resolution (pixels per inch, or PPI number).

Also tell us something about how you want the final image to be, and how it will be used.

Good luck, :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.