PDA

View Full Version : Rigging in max

khuda
02-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Please give me some tips to learn rigging in 3ds max. I have learn't rigging in maya (and have to practice it again and again) ,now I want to learn it in max. I have started learning some modelling for that in max thru web pages. I will start rigging in max thru cat.

Thanks.

ARAFAT
03-07-2011, 02:15 PM
hello i advice you that you can use cat rig as bones it is very useful and easy way. for skining part i can tell you how i am doing it. at first i am using bones pro modifier for complex high poly models. it gives me many advantages and there is a skin export option within bonespro. you can use that because skin is more advanced tool than bonespro you can skin painting and set the vertex weigths best value. if there is still bad looking angles try the skin morph modifer to fix bendings. i hope it will help you.

IkerCLoN
03-12-2011, 05:55 PM
CGAcademy sells some rigging in MAX related DVD's, made py Paul Neale. In my humble opinion they are a reliable source for learning the basics. I would go for this before learning CAT or Bones Pro, because these are more or less 'closed' systems and you might want to learn how to build a house rather than buying an already built one ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2011, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.