PDA

View Full Version : Problem in rendering

niraj27400
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
hi!

I am a student, doing my project work and got stuck in some prob. I modeled the character and textured it accordingly. I unwrapped the character's face and clothes separately and applied mental ray skin shader and painted texture on it. In the same way, i completed the set modeling, texturing and lighting. But when i am placing the character in the set, the output is coming something different which is not acceptable. Please help me out on how to rectify that.

Thanks.

musashidan
02-13-2011, 12:48 PM
hi!
But when i am placing the character in the set, the output is coming something different which is not acceptable. Please help me out on how to rectify that.

Something different than what? It's hard for people to help if they don't know your problem...

mister3d
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Lighting-wise if the noon is not necessary, you can make the lighting more angled, i.e not right above the character's head. It's perhaps the worst lighting you can come up with, especially with harsh shadows.
Lighting should not be frontal, it's better to place the sun 45 degrees from the camera angle to model the form better. On sets they usually use diffusers to make sunlight not so harsh, so the shadows are softer. Another possible source is bounce lighting, which can be cheated a bit, but mostly in closeups, where we don't see the ground.
Lighting with such a long-sleeve hat is a problem, so you eisher should use bounce light to model the form, or going for a late daytime, when the sun is lower.
45 degrees from the camera is a general rule, indeed you must light according to characters' position to camera.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.