PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Environment Artist Seeking Critique

Scifix
02-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Ok, so I have been an art student for a while and I decided to do a little dabbling in 3D. That was about two years ago and now not only do I love it but I think I am attracted to environment art the most. These are three assignments from my first 3d environment class. I have been doing some texture and lighting studying of my own but for now I would like to stick to the quality of the models and the overall setting.

I did three environments to cover multiple skill sets. Some advice of any kind and critique is welcome. These are work in progress as you may notice.

Scifix
02-12-2011, 10:20 PM
These are the concepts I used as a base.

megalmn2000
02-15-2011, 10:43 PM
There's some part that are too high poly for the rest of the scene. Try to optimize them. There's a lot of useless loops like the roof of the 3th picture.

Scifix
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I actually decided to remove the high poly panels on the roof and I started trimming the extra geometry. Will probably save that for Zbrush when I get to it, then bring them back as maps, etc.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.