PDA

View Full Version : Paint Weights all black, but still deformation?

hammyboi
02-12-2011, 11:01 AM
So i've rigged my character and skinned it. Now i've gone onto pain weights and ensured that there is no white areas on the leg nearest the hand that should be deforming when the arm is moved, however, this is the result:

http://www.tomhamilton.co.uk/upload/weights.png

Does anybody know what this could be?

Cheers

Tom

Lomax
02-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't trust the paint weights tool. Painting one influence black, like the wrist, may simply shift the weights to other joints, like the fingers. It's better to either add the weights to the hip by painting white, or set the weights manually through the component editor,

mccollom73
02-13-2011, 03:35 AM
I agree with the post above me. Maya has to find somewhere to put the weights, whether it be on the wrist, hand, etc. My suggestion, grab all the vertex's on the left leg, and go to the component editor, select all the values that aren't with the leg, and make then 0. This should fix your problem.

Let me know if you have anymore questions,
Josh

cdmcg
02-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Yes from my experience, dont ever paint to 0, as stated, then maya has to guess where to shift those values. The component editor is the safest solution.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2011, 03:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.