PDA

View Full Version : MFnSkinCluster::setWeights fails

ThiSpawn
02-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Hi,
I use the version of setWeights that use arrays of influence indices and values to set all weights on each vertex of a mesh. The problem is some values are not set for certain influences ...
no influences are "hold", I deactivated the normalization ... checked the value in the MDoubleArray, set a test value to the previous and the next indice of influence (it works for both but not for the bugged one) ... I even tried to use the setWeights per influence per vertex, status is kSuccess but the weight is still 0 ... have you any idea what mistake i made ?
Other informations that may help : 4000 vertices and 65 influences, skinCluster created by mel command with "-mi 4 -tsb" (tested with 65) ... only few weights are not set, and it's not a problem of influences cause they works for other vertices ... and no error occurs ... at all.

Thx in advance for the answers.

ThiSpawn
02-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Erm problem solved ... installed the SP1. Maybe my scene was using special nodes fixed in SP1 for those vertices ...

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2011, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.