PDA

View Full Version : frame range script job

shahar76
02-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi There,
I'm trying to create a way for Maya to remember the last frame range of the scene before I changed it last.
Meaning: if my range is current 1-20 and I'm changing it to 5-15 I want maya to remember that it used to be 1-20 before the change.
Currently there is a script job in maya that display the new range after changing it. (for example, after changing the range as mention above I would get an output in the script editor saying: "playbackOptions -min 15 -max 38 ")
What I want to do is modify that script job to store the range before the change.
How would I access and modify that script job? I can't seem to find a way to access it.
Thanks!

dbsmith
02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Why not create a new scriptJob which monitors:playbackRangeChangedplaybackRangeSliderChangedThen you just query the timeline values using playbackOptions command, storing the current values when the scriptjob fires, and keep the previous stored values as your range before the change.

shahar76
02-10-2011, 10:57 AM
thats an option. I would still howver would like to know if its possible to access a scriptJob via mel and modify it.

Also, the existing script job is somehow being activated on mouse release (when dragging the range control), but when I create a new scriptJob its being called every time the range changes while scrubbing.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2011, 10:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.