PDA

View Full Version : Cane someone Guide me Please ..Start with Photoshop ,Cinema 4d Or Zbrush

MASKOFZORRO
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello

I am confused between 3 programs Photoshop or Cinema4D or Zbrush ..I knew a little about each of them and I decide to focus on One of them and than I strat reading about Second and third one ..I love 3D dimension and I have a good imagination.

So please can someone guide me wish one I have to focus First?

thank you For helping me

halen
02-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Those just are complitely different tools - like asking "should I use a hammer, toothbrush or scissors". The question is rather difficult to answer, because it depends on what are you doing - exept everybody should use toothbrush from time to time. :)

ZBrush and Cinema4d are for 3d, ZBrush more for sculpting characters and someone said that Cinema4d has some decent camera projection tools for mattepainting. Almost everybody needs to know something about Photoshop, so my simple answer to this would be "Start with Photoshop" and the longer woul be something like "Try to figure out what you want to do - and then go with it".

You can probably download trial versions of those softwares to test em if you like, but there are also some free alternatives untill you know what you want to do.

Kanga's free learning list here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=283&t=768736).

MASKOFZORRO
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
thank you for your answer ..I knew what you mean,but As I said before I knew a Little about each of them ..Cinema 4d and Zbrush need photoshop for texture and other staff ,but my I just i dont knew my focus will be on Cinema or zbrush or photoshop ..by the way you have amazing work halan on photoshop.

halen
02-14-2011, 11:07 AM
thank you for your answer ..I knew what you mean,but As I said before I knew a Little about each of them ..Cinema 4d and Zbrush need photoshop for texture and other staff ,but my I just i dont knew my focus will be on Cinema or zbrush or photoshop ..by the way you have amazing work halan on photoshop.

Thank you. Glad you liked em.

Take my words with a grain of salt, but as I said - it is quite impossible to tell from here what should you do, since it depends on where you are with your efforts and what you want to do. There is a wide variety of different jobs and possibilities at 3D side alone, 2D side has it own world too and many times it is possible to use them both.

Currently maybe Maya or 3DMax are more popular at the industry instead of Cinema4d, but those are only software. And almost everyone knows some Photoshop also, it's not a bad option to start with.

Or you just might study different aspects of the digital arts untill you know at least something about what kind of work you want to do. How about visiting galleries of these forums and look what people used to do their work when you find something that pleases you (programs used are listed at the gallery)?

Or you might start with the art theyry part - it is usefull to everyone and doesn't depend on the software you happen to use. There is quite a bunch of usefull knowledge even here at the forum sticky threads. Softwares may change when you just need something to get the job done.

Lunatique
02-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Essentially, all visual mediums are built upon the foundations, and if you want to excel in any kind of visual medium, the first and foremost thing you must do is learn the essential foundations. You can easily translate your foundation knowledge to any visual medium--be it 3D, photography, graphic design, illustration...etc. I highly recommend you start with the sticky threads at the top of this forum--you'll gain a ton of valuable insights right away from them.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2011, 05:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.