PDA

View Full Version : Wacom eraser not detected?

Lunatique
10-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Often, when I flip the Wacom pen over to use the eraser, it does not detect in Painter. What causes that?

klingspor
10-19-2003, 01:29 PM
I have exactly the same problem and was about to post the question here myself... it's not limited to Painter though: It happens in Photoshop as well!

But I have no idea what's causing this unnerving behaviour...

Trickster
10-19-2003, 11:50 PM
i thought it was my MAC, seem very glad that i'm not the only one

:annoyed: @ wacom

VShane
10-20-2003, 03:47 AM
You might have to go to your control panel and look in your wacom setup. In there you can designate which programs and how your pen performs in each of them, thats where you problem may be.

Trickster
10-20-2003, 06:03 AM
even so... but when i install the program for using the wacom... you can't paint anything on (mine) Painter.

klingspor
10-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Wacom_Knight
You might have to go to your control panel and look in your wacom setup. In there you can designate which programs and how your pen performs in each of them, thats where you problem may be. I've tried that, but I don't think it has anything to do with the setup... you see, it does work most of the time! Just occassionally, when you turn the pen around and expect the eraser, it gives you something totally unexpcted or simply doesn't change the pen at all. The next time you try, it'll work the way it should...

...anyway I don't intend to hijack the thread, so if your problem is a different one Lunatique, please forgive me!

brandish
10-20-2003, 09:13 AM
i have this problems also....

(and in ps, why can't i adjust the eraser, when i`m using it, why do i have to switch to the eraser, this works in painter. ... this, however doesn't belong here,....)

Zeddicus
10-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Thought I'd chime in with a me too. Sorry, I can't help any. All I can say is that it happens most often if I have Painter 8 open and then open the Wacom settings and change something. Rebooting always fixes the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.