PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a tablet and looking for advice.

aigoya
02-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I just recently bought a wacom for digital art as a hobby using photoshop.

I'm still learning about human anatomy and lighting but I am stumped on the shading stage (blocking in colors, the stage before blending with eyedropper tool).

Mainly focusing on monochromatic shading (black, grey, white) in order to get familiar with the tools before I pick up some color theory lessons.

My question is..
What brush settings am I supposed to use to block in colors? I've seen some tutorials on low opacity hard brushes, also full opacity soft brushes.. and what settings for blending?

The tutorials I've been watching/reading doesn't really cover this in detail and I'd like some direction from artists before I pick up bad habits.

Thank you.

TL;DR - I don't know what to do/what brushes to use after having a final sketch.

Lunatique
02-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Have you had a thorough look in the sticky threads at the top of the Art T&T forum? I'm pretty sure what you're looking for has been covered before and are listed in the sticky threads somewhere, including in-depth tutorials on various blending techniques, brush settings...etc.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2011, 01:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.