PDA

View Full Version : 3Delight Point Cloud for Shave& hair

gregjenings
02-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi

I am new user of 3delight and I was wondering if I can find any tutorial or step by step guide on how to generate point cloud with 3delight and use it to generate occlusion and colorbleeding if possible for shave and hair.
I appreciate if somebody could help me as I am not very good in terms of technicality and I find in 3delight you require to do a lot of scripting and some shader writing skills too.

Thanks

daddyo
02-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Have you tried the 3Delight forums? That's probably more likely to get you an answer...

leif3d
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
You are dependent on the shader provided for Hair and Shave. Maybe it doesn't support the environment light? You should probably email Joe Alter for this.
I know there is a robust rsl shader somewhere in the pixar renderman forums, so maybe Joe can provide some help.

gregjenings
02-10-2011, 06:40 AM
daddyo I have already posted there but even after 50 views no one replied it yet

I have also raised this issue at Joe's mailing list.let's wait and watch for his reply as this issue is long being pending.

In the mean time I thought I should get some help so I posted it here but haven't received any relevant reply yet.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2011, 06:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.