PDA

View Full Version : AE won't render

CosmicRage
02-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I opened my AE today and tried to render out several various MOV files and it won't render. It just crashes. I even opened up the project file and tried to render out of there and that crashes as well. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Any help is appreciated. I tried restarting, cleaning my cache and also purging.

CosmicRage
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I also tried running the update, but it still continues to fail...

Mylenium
02-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Reinstall Quicktime? Trash the AE prefs? Check your graphics accelration options both for OpenGL and QT?

Mylenium

CosmicRage
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but why would QT be part of the issue?

CosmicRage
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I found out that I can save a project file and use the AE render plugin and it will render... But it still won't render out of the project if it is open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE and updating it and still nothing. I can't even start a new project and render an animation of a blue solid with no animation.

Iaenic
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I would take a look at the quicktime compression settings. Occasionally I have found that some settings it simply hates, (Especially if you are exporting H264)

Try quicktime Animation 100% or no compression?

CosmicRage
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I tried various compression settings. I did find out I could render out jpgs. I just tapped out and reinstalled, I don't have time to figure that out haha. Up and running again so this is closed. I tried reinstalling QT I did updates on everything, I literally have no idea what happened... Oh well

dremer
02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
As a general rule, I render out image sequences first, before rendering a qt (unless the qt is just for reference). That way, if the project crashes in the middle, I don't have to render from the beginning again. Then I just make a qt from the image sequence. You could have rendered a sequence, and potentially used some other program to make a qt, next time that happens.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.