PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Muscle Definition

Gibberish
10-19-2003, 04:08 AM
Anyone have any tuts or could make a quick tut with screens on how to model muscle definition?

I am having trouble doing it, not sure how, have tried cutting and extrude/beveling for abs and pecks, but it looks a bit wrong.

artistx
10-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Hello Gibberish. Well, making muscles in general is no easy task. Certain muscles will require different polygon/edge configurations. Basically, the edges should flow in the same direction as the muscle fibers from origin to insertion. You have to look at an anatomy book to see where the origin and insertion points are for each muscle body. You soften muscles to make it appear as if skin is stretched over them. The bend modifier works well with abs and helps to simulate breathing. I should be putting up a little tutorial on the subject in about a week or so. (My old page is badly in need of an update. )

Post up a pic of your work in progress and I'll be able to help you out in specific areas of the model.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.