PDA

View Full Version : Re: Vray Texture Baking For Animated Scenes

janjez
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi guys,

I use VRAY renderer and I'm working on an interior scene which has character animation in it.

I plan on texture baking the scene (probably via Flatiron plugin) so as to save on render time because the scene is photorealistic (GI).

My dilemma is this: I want to bake the interior scene, but I dont want the characters to be baked because they are animated and hence their shadows will need to be dynamic.

How do I solve this? I heard that i can render the characters out as a separate layer and then composite them, but how exactly do I do that? Because the lighting depends on all the geometry in the scene and when I hide the geometry the lighting on the character gets drastically affected.

All help will be greatly appreciated

crystal3d
02-10-2011, 09:48 AM
my advice would be... saving an "IR map and lightcache" without characters, then bringing the characters back to stage, **************turning off" use irradiance map" of all character's materials***************. and render,

buckets of character will be slower as they will be calculated on BF , also check with the noise threshold...

you can render them without the enviroment as a second pass by selecting enviroment and turning off" visible to camera" .

you will have to adjust alpha contributions of some objects as well...

good luck

janjez
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
thanks, that makes alot of sense. But about rendering out a second pass, if i hide the environment and my characters have reflective maps, wont they render out as black since there is now nothing to reflect off?

crystal3d
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
yes they will be visible in reflections cause, you only ticked off "visible to camera" only, there s another option in that panel for them not show in reflections.

crystal3d
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
thanks, that makes alot of sense. But about rendering out a second pass, if i hide the environment and my characters have reflective maps, wont they render out as black since there is now nothing to reflect off?
i think you got it wrong... you will not hide enviroment, you will tell not to to show them on camera, they will there eventually but will save you on antialiasing which is a huge bonus.

but i still prefer rendering them alltogether with the 1st method i mentioned.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.