PDA

View Full Version : How can i make this effect

paco33
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi, Im trying to make this effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vvs_JAh04

only the logo animation effect.
First i use Ray fire to brake the text, but what next??? I need to use PFToolbox 2??

Any help???
Thanks

redskin106
02-07-2011, 06:14 AM
How about trying something like this:

http://max.cgcookie.com/2010/10/15/assemble-and-disassemble-objects-with-particle-flow/

Kakkoii
02-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Couldn't you just reverse the rendered out video of the text breaking within whatever compositing/video tool you use? Pretty sure most support reversing a clips playback.. Would it not give you the effect you're looking for? That's how it seems with the Fringe animation. A text explosion with a steady rate of expansion, composited in reverse.

savat
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Couldn't you just reverse the rendered out video of the text breaking within whatever compositing/video tool you use? ...

or, if you really need a reverse 3d method, bake the particles animation and use a point cache tool to animate in reverse.

paco33
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
thanks redskin106, its a good tutorial, but the difference between the Fringe logo and this tutorial is that the particles have to be the same pieces of the logo, in the tutorial is not like this.

The hard part is how to explote the logo in to pieces???

Kakkoii
02-07-2011, 09:24 PM
thanks redskin106, its a good tutorial, but the difference between the Fringe logo and this tutorial is that the particles have to be the same pieces of the logo, in the tutorial is not like this.

The hard part is how to explote the logo in to pieces???

Well that depends, what 3D modeling package do you use? Different softwares have different plugins you can use for fracturing objects into pieces.

artifushion
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Well that depends, what 3D modeling package do you use? Different softwares have different plugins you can use for fracturing objects into pieces.

He did post this is the 3ds max specific forum so we could assume it's 3ds max then =)

paco33
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
yes, is 3dsmax, im trying with ray fire and i thing thats the way to do it, maybe with the RF Bomb

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.