PDA

View Full Version : water

bertjenkins
02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi guys

apologies in advance for the off topic post, cant seem to get a response anywhere else... but i'm trying to get an object emitter in Realflow to maintain the object's shape and drop to the ground, then splash. With a sphere emitter it works a treat, the sphere falls with gravity. But with an object emitter it remains bound to the object's space and emits within the object. Am i doing something wrong?

damkhuman
02-07-2011, 07:22 AM
try removing yr object emitter from global link or set collision tolerance to 1 u ll find under particle fluid interaction.

Phlok
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
First make sure that you've set up your collisions correctly. Usually, the Object Emitter emits into the direction of the ouside mesh normals, so there won't be any particles inside your object. Did you check the normals, anyway?

bertjenkins
02-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the replies.

damKHuman.... I changed the gravity to exclusive and upped the coll tolerance to 1 and it emits properly now, however the particles seem really uniform corresponding to the vertices, so that you can make out the triangulation etc...is that because of the collision tolerance? Or is my resolution / Max particles too low? Once i increase the resolution it seems to totally hang... is there a way to disperse it a bit to that you cant see the geometry vertices so clearly?

Phlok Yup i checked the normals, they are ok. previously i was trying to fill the object first, then drop, so that there was quite a volume of particles to splash against the ground. I don't think i explained it very clearly. That's where the problem came...it would fill up but not drop. But do you think it would be more efficient just to emit them outward? Or better with a fill object?

bertjenkins
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi guys

think i have achieved the desired affect now with collision tolerance at 1 on a fill object.

thanks for all your help - much appreciated

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.