PDA

View Full Version : assigning value in expression ctrl

kahuna031
10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey, I'm all new to MAXscript and would like to get the code for the following. I have o lot of copys of an objects, they should all line up after a path. I've made an expression for the position with a constant, the constant's value for object "i" should be "i". If I assign the correct value for all the objects, the objects move and correctly.
Can someone please direct me in how to write the code for: selecting object name"i", going into they're postion expression controler and declare a constant with a value depending on i?

magicm
10-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately, you can't access expression controllers by maxscript :(

Martijn

kahuna031
10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
OK
I made it with an script ctrlr instead. Sat whole night to learn the stuff so now I got almost everything done.
BUT. I try to declare a position for frame 0 using "at time 0 return<expression>"and I get a message
-- Return: not inside a function
The help file says
"As a special case, you can exit a script controllerís script using a return <expr>. "
How can this be?

Reality3D
10-19-2003, 02:42 PM
The last value of the script block is that wich is applied. So

at time 0
(
expresion
)

and you get it

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.