PDA

View Full Version : Illustration: Runelords - Frowth Giant

lyon
10-18-2003, 05:41 PM
This is an older piece and I apologize if you have already seen it. This was done for David Farland's book "Runelords:The Sum of All Men." It was on the inside of the hardcover. I post it to further introduce myself to the forum. As I mentioned in the Drider post, there are some more new pieces to come as soon as they are published, I can post them. Again thanks for viewing, hopefully you haven't seen this one before:

http://www.members.cox.net/goblins/frowth/Frowth.jpg

Howard

Steeldolphin
10-18-2003, 10:59 PM
I really enjoyed the first book of that series by Farland, and I havent seen this painting until now. ;)

I think its very nice. I find images like this hard to critique becasue they are so far past what I am capable of, but I just feel the need to say...great job. :)

Turokess
10-18-2003, 11:24 PM
This is a gorgeous illustration. I love the purple reflected light picked up by the bark, and the soft warms and cools you have used. Texturing on that mythical creature is outstanding. I see from your profile you are lead texture artist at Realm, so of course it would be. ;) Gotta say I dream of a job such as yours. Anyway, this is a very high quality painting. I'm inspired now. Only big crit, though, that horse... it's... bad. The bone structure is messed up, the head looks odd, and the rider just doesn't seem to be sitting on it right. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

mage111
10-19-2003, 02:27 PM
awesome piece all together, i love the lighting, it sets this piece on a whole new level

also the ancient-ness of the character makes me feel below him in all respects.

GJ, well done :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.