PDA

View Full Version : Blend nCache with Wrap Defomer ?

brueghel
02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I wonder if it is possible to blend the deformation of an piece of cloth nCache with Wrap Deformer.
Ive made a nCloth simulation, and before that I bound the cloth to the character via Wrap Deformer, to have a approximately behaviour. i found that in certain areas the wrap deformer give nice results. But not in all areas.

Now I have an nCache with 900 Frames, which took half of an hour to simulate. At some Frames the nCloth is weird at those areas where the Wrap deformer would behave nice, so I ask you iIf I could paint this or at least adjust the percentage of the nCache influence.

HowardM
02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
have you tried using Input Mesh Attract to paint those areas so they dont change during sim?

or, make a cache out of the Wrap Deformed object (not simmed, or sim at 100% Input Mesh Attract) and then yes you can paint weight maps to blend between the 2 caches, or more...

best to use both methods, in general the latter is good because you can paint and blend as many caches as you want.

brueghel
02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks! I tried a simulation with input mesh set to a high value an blend this with my excisting cache. Unfortunately the problem areas are caused by inerpenetration of the collision object, so I need a not simulated cache. What do you mean with a not simmed cache out of Wrap Deformer ? Is this geometry cache and can I blend this with nCache?
mmh...another problem occured, the wrap deformer is not longer evaluating...

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.