PDA

View Full Version : 3D Texture veining does not work in mia_mats?

THExDUKE
02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Can anyone confirm this please? That the 3d textures which came with bonus tools does not work in mia_mats e.g. bump or color? Cant get them working...no clue why! oO

THExDUKE
02-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Ok..it seems that the bonus textures only render in Software render! ???????????? Why???

THExDUKE
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay, ive found this thread here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=163747) from 2004!! with the same problem and it appears that MRay doesnīt support the textures/ shaders! 7 YEARS MAN! 7 YEARS LATER....they still dontīt work in Mray???
Thats ridiculous.

animatedfox
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
They must not think that anyone minds having to bake out textures...especially seeing as even the NEW substance materials need to be baked out as well. I guess it's just you and I that find this a bit crazy.

THExDUKE
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Hmm..crazy maybe isnt the right word here!

Why would I want to bake? There is no need to bake textures and include another workflow / process when building procedural shaders. The idea of procedural textures is to have them there for building up shader without any texture files or other bothering processes.
They promote their engines and products and leave bits and pieces here and there untouched for 7 years? I mean, I wouldnt call it essential to have the veining texture not working in mray, but i do think that a bunch of working procedural textures would be great!

irwit
02-03-2011, 03:06 PM
You mean something in mental Ray for Maya is broken and they haven't done anything about fixing it ...?

:banghead:

THExDUKE
02-03-2011, 04:24 PM
:applause:10 points for your sarcasm - 1 point deduction for being late!

sentry66
02-03-2011, 06:48 PM
3d textures in general need more attention. It'd be really nice to get some new 3d procedurals and a large 2D viewer to see what's going on instead of the stupid small thumbnail - like how max does it

InfernalDarkness
02-06-2011, 01:07 AM
I've always found it humorous (nearly) that the lowest, weakest $99 3D application (Bryce) simply demolishes Maya in terms of 3D procedural texturing AND library/object/material management. I still make a great many procedural textures in Bryce and simply render 'em super-huge for use in Maya. As for mental ray for Maya being the most preposterously broken and ridiculous render engine of all time... Hey, it's got my vote!

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2011, 01:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.