PDA

View Full Version : is this a job for scriptJob?

jaydru
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
ok so heres what i want to happen..

say i have 2 nodes nodeA and nodeB only one of them will be visable at a time and when that node is selected i want it to be hidden and the other node to be revealed (and i'll fire off some more code then aswell) the only way i know how to do this would be using a scriptJob and the selectionChanged event is that the most economical way of doing this?

NaughtyNathan
02-03-2011, 11:05 AM
taking what you've said at face-value yes, I think a scriptJob is your only real option. However, I can't say that actually doing what you want to do with a scriptJob is the best approach without knowing exactly why you'd want this behaviour.. if that makes sense? :)

:nathaN

jaydru
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
i just dicking about with some rigging stuff, im trying to make an ik fk swich useing curves that say IK and FK so when you select it, it will hide the one curve and show the other, just experenmenting though really this isnt for production,

at the moment what ive just kncked up is 2 nodes with a string attr that will have some code in them then a script job with this

$sel = `ls -sl`;
if(size($sel)==1)
{
if (`attributeExists "ikFkBlendSJ" $sel[0]`)
{
eval `getAttr ($sel[0] + ".ikFkBlendSJ")`;
}
}

but this is felling a little cluncky tbh not really used scriptJob before, do they get embedded into the scene on save?

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.