PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted forest-environment/chars-Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Hi again!

I thought I give it a totally new try...
Here is the first draft of my new concept.

@any moderator, please delete the other enchanted thread of me!
Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

So crits and comments are welcome, like ever!!!:cool:

A little description:

Two old chars of me: The Madhatter and Humpty the egg(YES...from Alice behind the mirrors, just my version)...

The title of the pic: "Getting Lunch!?":surprised

Laterz for a new update of this one

Tommy Lee

james_martin
06-03-2002, 02:09 AM
Oh rock on my, I like it, its twisted. Very nice. composition much nicer

PedramK
06-03-2002, 02:20 AM
Lovely style Tommy :)
very cool.
Though i liked your earlier image better, this one has a bit of a cool twist aswell. Lol, with an egg and all..:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
06-03-2002, 02:35 AM
Thanks folks...

And here the first update(Layerorgie again..lol):surprised

Tommy Lee
06-03-2002, 03:23 AM
And another update...The last for today.

Its now 4:30 am and I´m tired.

Good night

:insane:

PATER
06-03-2002, 03:50 AM
EVIL-SHROOMED STYLE!!!

:eek:

Beasty! I like it!

Go on! I want to see colour!!

(hehe und Grüße zurück... scheinst ja auch don Freak zu sein der noch morgens um 5 vor der kiste hockt ;))

Kirt
06-03-2002, 04:03 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Although I liked the other one as well ... this one really tells a better story. Very dark bit of humor here. I LOVE IT!!!

I was going to say position the egg and tree he's hiding behind a bit to the right ... but then you added the other stuff and it looks fine now.

*waits for color*

Tommy Lee
06-03-2002, 12:46 PM
@Pater: Thanks for ya comment. And yeah, I am the freak who sits till mornig in front of the monitor,... And after sleeping a few hours I´ve to go to my Studio and ink the dudes and dudettes wich luv bodymods.
Cheerz...

@Kirt: Thanks for ya comment. And I am happy that you like it...
I thought I´ll do a new one, because that discussion about ripping-off was a bit to much for my egocentric artistmind(lol),...
And here is the new one,... made out of a fairytale and my sick-twisted mind:twisted:
Hope to finish it till judgementday....:surprised

Cya till the next update

Tommy Lee

Renderedbrian
06-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Lee
And another update...The last for today.

Its now 4:30 am and I´m tired.

Good night

:insane:

Poor Humpty!

It is certainly an eggcellent sketch you have made, and I'm sure it will be an eggstravagant piece of art when it is finished! I'm not yolking when i say that either! :applause:

-
brian

jeroentje
06-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Dude!!! :bounce:
This is fantastic! I would love to see this colored!

jeroentje
(btw, did you play "Americain Mcgee's ALICE?)

KOryH
06-03-2002, 10:40 PM
Very cool style!

Tommy Lee
06-03-2002, 11:23 PM
@RenderedBrian: Thanks for ya comment, and nice wordplay ya have here...lol:thumbsup:

@Jeroentje: Thx,... and yes, I played Mc Gee´s Alice...real sick but I like it:surprised

@KOryH: Thnk ya too... and I luv ya pic so much. This challenge is real hard.:bowdown:

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Sleepless
06-04-2002, 04:32 AM
Great drawing. Go man Go.

Equinoxx
06-04-2002, 08:46 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAW . . . humpty dumpty OWNZ man . . .

very groovy style ya got goin on there . . .

Tommy Lee
06-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Little Update!(Damn 50K´s...bad quality)

Did some work on humpty and madhatter...

More to come

:wip:

Tommy Lee
06-04-2002, 09:38 PM
..and another!:wip:

elfufu
06-04-2002, 09:56 PM
hey tommy this looks great dude, this is leaps and bounds superior to the clown you made a while back. i really like it. I think you need more contrast in the greytones but thats my opinion. clean it up a bit. besides that GREAT:buttrock:

Tommy Lee
06-04-2002, 10:28 PM
@Elfufu: Thanks for comment. But this pic will be a colored one.
I just make the blackwork to get a muddy look when I
overpaint it.

More comments and crits please:wavey:

Thanks

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-05-2002, 12:10 AM
Last update for today:

Tommy Lee
06-05-2002, 01:58 AM
Realy the last one:drool:

Its now 3:00 am,.. good night:wavey:

KOryH
06-05-2002, 01:59 AM
c'mon 3am that's early. You can pull an all nighter!

Great job so far

ZrO-1
06-05-2002, 03:13 AM
That looks so cool. That last layer (the bit with the stump and 'shrooms) you added on top seems to be a bit too strong, but I'm sure that'll be fixed as soon as you start coloring it. I really love this piece. If I could do half as nice work as you I'd be happy. In the mean time I can enjoy looking at your pics :)

psumo
06-05-2002, 03:58 AM
This pic is rockin
I love the details that you have in the drawing
Is this digital? or is it pencil and paper

Tommy Lee
06-05-2002, 09:15 AM
@ZrO-1:Thanks for ya comment and crit.
To ya crit: The toplayer with the mushrooms is that strong, because there will be much blur on it to simulate depth. While
i was trying some blurry efects, i realized, that its better to make heavy lines. Also when i´m finished with shading, it´ll be a bit washed out to "hide" that lines "visually".

@psumo: Thanks for take a look at the details. And to ya question: This is totally digital, made with Photoshop 7.0 and a Wacom Graphire graphictablet. The only thing I made on paper was a rough scetch off sreen, to control the point of focus, etc. while working on zoomed-in parts of the picture.

Hope to show updates soon.

Cheerz

Tommy Lee:twisted:

jeroentje
06-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Man, this work is becoming so great!
I love the personal style in it. Can't wait to see the coloring.
jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Little update again:wip:

Had last day no time to draw... hope to finish it.

OZ
06-07-2002, 12:30 AM
first time here and.....................................KA-ZZZAMMMMMMM!!!! ! U are great man!!! FANTASTIC!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: .....unique style!.....................amazed!......very amazed!

Tommy Lee
06-07-2002, 01:28 AM
@OZ: Thank ya very much:blush:

And her is another update... some changes in the left front(no tree) and a bit more background.

Sangotten
06-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhooooooo!!!

I love it!!!
I think that removing the left tree did do the picture good, that tree gave the picture a great feeling of the poor old humbty dumbty being trapped, the background id not that important...

Keep em coming!!!

Tommy Lee
06-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Thanks Sangotten and I´m thinking ya right. After reading ya crit, looked at both pics side-by-side. Whitout the tree, there isn´t that hopeless feeling anymore. Thank ya very much:thumbsup:

Will fix that soon...

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-08-2002, 05:54 AM
Update....:wip:

Tommy Lee
06-08-2002, 05:57 AM
Last thing to do is the backgound...

Then i will start to coloring a bit, lightning and give depth by bluring in the front and back.

Time is fleeting:scream:

By the way: The pic takes that long because its originally 2000x1000. And to put details in it that I want, tooks time:)

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-08-2002, 06:51 AM
Blackwork is finished. After a weekendbreak, I´ll start to color.

Crits and Comments are welcome.:bounce:

Tommy Lee
06-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Little tweaking, because it was to confusing in the right upper corner. Wanted to see some sky there too...
but now its finished!:p

Sleepless
06-08-2002, 07:35 AM
Amazing:beer: How many layers are you working with at once? That's plenty of detail to keep track of. Anxiously waiting to see your color. Yes, T. Burton has influenced many an artist, he's a stylistic innovator. Ever see that TV commercial for Prilosec (ant-acid)?

Tommy Lee
06-08-2002, 07:53 AM
@Sleepless: Thx dude!:wavey:
To ya questions:

1. I use 6 layers at the moment
-Front
-Humpty and madhatter, some trees
-Humpty and Madhatter Background
-Far back
-Horizont(spelling?)
-Sky

I use that much layers to add blur at distance to
simulate depth.

2.Don´t know the commercial of Tim Burton.

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Sangotten
06-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Looking really good!!!

It's nice to see that the tree is back, I'm now dying to see how the colouring will be!!!

Keep up the good work!!!:thumbsup:

jeroentje
06-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Oh man! This is getting more&more awsome everytime I visit the tread! :buttrock:

jeroentje
(be carefull with that brench (? piece of tree) not clutching up with the madhatters hatt)

Ryu
06-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi,
this is really great, very cool composition,
and the subject is very fun too...
Could you post a link to the finished image in a bigger resolution?? (i just think about my desktop in 1280*1024 :)
Maybe a b&w big pic and another big pic of the
colored version?
Already thx,
looking forward from seeing a post of you...
Bye...

MonkeyBoy
06-08-2002, 08:07 PM
What happened to the mushroom in the foreground? I really liked that :sad: Especially when it was light, at the beginning (yes it was too much, but then there was not enough later). It's not a central element, but it gave a nice frame and some depth.

The style is superb tho, tight character design.

Russo
06-09-2002, 09:35 AM
cool... you'll color it over the charcoal? I use that a lot in my comics... I like it.. see this picture of Dodds, is very simple but is illustrative about what I said

:beer:

http://www.mrussoart.hpg.com.br/shots/wdodds.jpg

Tommy Lee
06-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Thx for comments to all!!!!:wavey:

@Ryu: I would post a link to the original sized pic, but I´ve no website. So, if somebody let me upload the pic to his site(maybe you;) ),... no prob!!!

@monkeyboy: Damn ya right,.. I think I will put the mushroom back in place.

@russo: You are right. I am coloring over the black´n white drawing. This gives the painting a more dirty look. In the final part of the painting, I rework the outlines.
By the way, there is no Pic??? Have ya attached one...
hmmmmmmmm.
:shrug:

Cheerz

Russo
06-09-2002, 08:22 PM
you couldn't see the image?

http://www.mrussoart.hpg.com.br/shots/wdodds.jpg

Tommy Lee
06-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Started to color it:bounce: :

Tommy Lee
06-10-2002, 03:00 AM
HumptyDumpty close-up(original size):

Tommy Lee
06-10-2002, 03:01 AM
... and a Madhatter close-up:

Tommy Lee
06-10-2002, 03:52 AM
Last update for today....muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch to do!!!!!!:insane:

Renderedbrian
06-10-2002, 07:17 AM
HumptyDumpty close-up(original size):

Nice. But how about some yolk oozing out from the wound on Humpty's head? Might look better than red blood...

looking good though, look forward to seeing it finished!

-
brian

wildsheepchase
06-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Great picture! I love your drawing style...
I have to agree about the egg though. It almost looks fleshy, with all the reddish coloring. And there's something really disturbing about a bleeding egg, though that kind of goes with the mood of your picture. I can't wait to see it done:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
06-10-2002, 01:02 PM
@Renderedbrian:Thanks for ya crit, but for me Humpty isn´t a real egg. He is a creature that looks like an egg. So there is hiding a brain in his head:twisted:
This is the Story about "Alice behind the mirrors" I see it...muahahahahaha!!!!

@Wildsheepchase:Thanks for ya comment. And you are right, thats my style so humpty bleeds:surprised Mmmmmmmmmh.....fleshy egg!(Homer)

Time is fleeting

jeroentje
06-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jeroentje
Oh man! This is getting more&more awsome everytime I visit the tread! jeroentje

jeroentje :buttrock:

Gamoron
06-11-2002, 04:43 AM
:buttrock: Cool. I went to the first page and then skipped to here. You're moving at leaps and bounds! :surprised

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 05:13 AM
Thanks jerontje and Gamoron!

Now I´ll start to do some work on it. I´m awake since a moment(6:10am)....

Laterz!

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Here is the newest update. I added some blur to simulate depth in this one.
Now I start to refine some details(leaves and such things) and add FX, lights, glowings etc,...

Hope ya like it

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Last update befor finished one....:bounce:

Depth is missing in that one but will be added in the finished pic.
Now I reached that dreamy effect I wanted by that glowy, milky look.

Renderedbrian
06-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Tommy Lee,

personally I preferred the image without the sparkles. I find they make the image hard to see... :hmm:

-
brian

Ryu
06-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Yeah,
it's getting better and better...
I personnaly like the glow, and the depth of field is a good idea...
But i found the picture hard to see because of the black which is (i think) too much present...
maybe could you try to get the opacity lower?
Bye,
Ryu.
P.S: I try to manage some space for the big pics :)

Sangotten
06-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey it's going great!!

The colouring is going okay but there are some things that might work better if changed... First of all I think there is to much light and white in the picture this has the effect that the paranoid and the tention from the black and white pic. are lost. The glow is a bit to much... I thought this was gonna be one of those dark and twisted pic's but now it looks like it is meant for a childrens book (no offence).

Bring in the solid colours and tune down to glow, that would be my advice.

Great job, keep it coming!!:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 02:20 PM
I am reworking now. I saw the pic after some hours and I compare with ya all. That sick, twisted, trapped feeling wasnt
there anymore.

So here is a next update and I think now its gonna be fine....

Gamoron
06-11-2002, 03:06 PM
I think you're right about the trapped feeling having been lost in the previous one. You got it back FER sure. But it was pretty nice with the glow effect added in. Maybe you could do the same with the current image.

Keep it up dude!
:buttrock:

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah Gamoron and all the others. I think we´ll meet us in the middle: I´ll do "some" glowing-FX:wip:

@Ryu: The merged image in a good Jpeg qualityis about 200Kb.
The merged image in a high Jpeg quality is about 600 Kb
Thanks for tryin to share some webspace with me:beer:

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Her is another version with lightnigs.It has now a feeling of: "Danger is coming closer",..huh?!

What do you think?:thumbsup: or:thumbsdow

KOryH
06-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Hey that's looking good!

jeroentje
06-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Oh maaan, this is becoming so great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jeroentje

(Just a suggestion: put a highlight on the spoon, it's not very good to see. See for youself what you do or don't do with it.)

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 10:16 PM
@KOryH: Thanks man!:)

@Jerontje: Thnka ya too, I forgot these little gimmick. I will fix that.:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 10:44 PM
So, here is the nearly finished one.

I attach the full pic in halfsize(1000x500) and two close-ups in original size.

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Madhatter close-up:

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Humpty close-up:

OZ
06-11-2002, 10:56 PM
SKARY SWEET! u are a master man!

jeroentje
06-11-2002, 11:00 PM
...in a few weeks we all have to make a choice and put up our vote. Man that will be hard.

You did a (more than) GREAT job Tommy Lee!

jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks Oz and Jerontje!

It will be real hard to vote, because there are also to much different styles. There had to be maybe a possibility to enter the challenge in different classifications(comic, realism, others...)

For example: If ya take KHorY´s and my pic, how will ya compare those two different styles. his is more realism and mine has a comicstyle....
hmmmmmmmmmmmm????:shrug:

But anyway,we will see....

Maybe the next challenge will be more flexible.

Cheerz

Sleepless
06-12-2002, 07:52 AM
This really turned out excellent, I knew you finish with a flourish. I like seeing the detail shots. Look forward to seeing your next creation.:applause:

Tommy Lee
06-12-2002, 02:01 PM
@sleepless: Thank ya man. I will also start a second one like u, because its much time till end of june.
By the way, when I compared your and my pic, I saw that you also like this tiny brushstrokes to give the pic more life:)
I really hope, that we will do something together one time.
Looking also forward to your next works.(luv your new one, and I see that your twisted chars also have dental probs;) )

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Gamoron
06-12-2002, 03:53 PM
AWESOME. I think you've got it. Seeing the detail shots I realize that I got get more detail into mine. I tend to stop early happy with a very minimal look, but I think I'm gonna have to change. Are you using a pen and tablet? One of those Wacom things?
:beer: :buttrock: :thumbsup:

Renderedbrian
06-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Madhatter close-up:

Very nice! I just noticed the white electric arcs coming from the Mad Hatter's eyes!

Just a couple of questions..

How many layers are you using?

What is the raw image size?

cheers

-
brian

Tommy Lee
06-12-2002, 07:01 PM
@RenderedBrian:

Thanks man. To ya questions:

1. There were 7 layers. Normally I use not so much, but i wanted to add the effect of depth in this one. From the last layer to the layer with the chars I added everytime less blur. Then in the frontlayer i used the same blur like in the middle distance of the pic.

2. The image has a hole size of 2000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels height. The closeups I postet above are 1:1.

Cheerz

Renderedbrian
06-12-2002, 07:50 PM
@RenderedBrian:

Thanks man. To ya questions:

1. There were 7 layers. Normally I use not so much, but i wanted to add the effect of depth in this one. From the last layer to the layer with the chars I added everytime less blur. Then in the frontlayer i used the same blur like in the middle distance of the pic.

2. The image has a hole size of 2000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels height. The closeups I postet above are 1:1.

Cheerz

Is that all? I thought there would be an insane number of layers, and an insane resolution like 5 thousand by 5 thousand!

;)

-
brian

Tommy Lee
06-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Hi people!

I started a second one. :wip:
Its Tweedeldee and Tweedeldum the evil twins(my version!!!) searching for magic mushrooms...lol.

Here the first sketch:

Tommy Lee
06-12-2002, 11:14 PM
And a close up of the Evil Twins:

Tommy Lee
06-13-2002, 12:15 AM
A little update:wip:

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Sleepless
06-13-2002, 12:29 AM
This is gonna be fun, had a silly grin on my face when this image opened up. You really seem to be enjoying yourself.:bounce:

Tommy Lee
06-13-2002, 06:10 AM
@sleepless: Hihihihihih...yeah dude, you´re right!:bounce:
I had an idea while I was watchin your pic and mine : What will come out when we each other send us a sketch and work it out?! This would be fun, huh???
Tell me what ya thinkin about!

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Kirt
06-13-2002, 06:50 AM
Well Tommy Lee, I must say that pic turned out very nice and the new one you started looks equally twisted. Congrats on finishing up early. And good luck with the challenge. It's going to be tough picking a favorite out of the ones that are finished already ... harder still as the other ones get completed.

Tommy Lee
06-13-2002, 06:59 AM
@Kirt:Yeah, you are right.
And good luck for ya too. You and Sleepless are my favorites for the challenge.:thumbsup:
Hope to see an update of you pic soon.

Laterz

jeroentje
06-13-2002, 10:15 AM
You're doing a second one???!!!! DZJeeesus!
I don't even have time to finish ONE properly...

Looking good Tommy Lee!
jeroentje :thumbsup:

Renderedbrian
06-13-2002, 12:37 PM
A little update:wip:

I will move this one to 2d, 3d WIP.

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Hah hah hah! :applause:

Tweedledum and Tweedledee, the evil Siamese Twins! :scream:

Looking forward to seeing this one finished!

-
brian

Tommy Lee
06-13-2002, 02:53 PM
a little update

PATER
06-13-2002, 04:16 PM
this one is even more evil than the last one!

...and i think it´l be also better (the other one was really good too, dont get me wrong)

awesome!!!

Man, du bist echt "durch"... FIIIES ist das... FIIES! :surprised
(ich probier gerade noch n paar kollegen zum mitmachen zu bewegen)

Viel Glück und guten Strich weiterhin! (denk früh genug an die Farben wenn du es überhaupt kolorierst!;))

Gamoron
06-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Wow. Now what are you gonna do? This one looks great, so that'll be 2 awesome pics under your belt. Can you submit both, or just one? It'll be a big decision, KKKEEEEPPPP IT UP MAN!!
:beer: :thumbsup:

jeroentje
06-13-2002, 04:36 PM
And Tommy Lee strikes again...

Love the idea of the tree hanging over the scene. It puts something extra to the twins hanging over that poor little mushroom-guy.

A small suggestion: be carefull, the composition is falling to the left now. Maybe mirror the background.

Keep it up!

Tommy Lee
06-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all. I will post updates of this one here.... because there is not so much feedback in the 2d,3d Wip Forum.:scream:

@Pater: I dont´t get ya wrong. After finishing the first one, I thought I will do a series of that theme.
For sure I will color thisone too!!!!!:bounce:
Schöne Grüße und ebenfalls guten Strich:thumbsup:

@Gamoron:You can only take 1 pic for the challenge i think. We will see which one it´ll be.:shrug:

@Jerontje: About the composition: I think there is so much preassure on that Mushdude,.. its nearly perfect(NEARLY!!!)
To ya suggestion: Far back everything turns to the right, also the Clouds and some light FX. But thanks for ya "sharp"eyes:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 04:48 AM
Another update....

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 05:27 AM
..and the next update. Now I start to color it:wip:

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 06:13 AM
Started to color it.

ZrO-1
06-14-2002, 06:43 AM
Man that is so awesome. I love your first piece. It's a truly dark and twisted piece of beuty.

This second piece is equally well done so far. It's great. I like the idea of a series. You could call it "Tommy Lee...the dark years" :twisted: hehehe

I'm just glad you don't live in my neighborhood :p

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 07:31 AM
@ZrO-1: Thanks man. The dark years of tommy lee?hmmmmm?!Yepp, there are now ten years of doing such macabre things.
By the way: I may start a comic called: "Tommy Lee´s Behind the mirror". It will be without Alice(Maybe she´ll get a cast as a tombstone anywhere!!!hehe), just my version about whats going on in wonderland. I swear, if ya will come to my wonderland sometimes, You´ll be glad to be in hell:twisted:
Hope to get Sleepless for that project.Have to ask him.

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 08:03 AM
another update. Basic coloring on the backgroundlayers and turning back to blackwork at the twins, because I will color them new...

jeroentje
06-14-2002, 08:06 AM
... It will be without Alice ...
Why? Think "Alice in Chains" ;)
jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 08:35 AM
lol!!!:beer:

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Finished with basic colors(expect the sky!).:bounce:

Now I´ll start to highlight the pic.:wip:

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Close-up colored twins:

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Update!!! I think I will finish it tonight...

Sangotten
06-14-2002, 11:35 AM
WOW!!!

This truly amazing stuff you're doing, I like the concept of a whole evil enchanted forrest, with all those obscene creatures willing to kill the innocent... I love the lighting in the background, it gives the enviorment a nice light... One thing is that I would like it if there was a bit more darkness, more solid colours...

Anyway good job!!!:thumbsup:

jeroentje
06-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Like I mentioned before:
great work man! :buttrock:
jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 07:30 PM
@Sangotten: Thanks for ya comment.:)
To ya crit: There will be more darkness. This is just
the highlighted one. Dark areas coming up!

@Jerontje: Thanks man.. u make me ashame:blush:

Till the next update

Tommy Lee:argh:

Renderedbrian
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
:bowdown:

Not much more can be said really Tommy.......

-
brian

Gamoron
06-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Awe yeah baby!:buttrock:
This one's got enchanted written all over it. Oh yeah and evil real evil.
Looks fuggin' great!:eek:

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 09:44 PM
Thanks soooooooooo much. Ya all keep me doing such pics:bowdown:

Here is the final EvilTwins-pic(halfsize):

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 09:45 PM
...and a closeup of the twins:

Jake
06-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Very cool! Your color palette is kind of subdued and vibrant at the same time. Very exprjavascript:smilie(':airguitar')
airguitaressive line quality too.

Tommy Lee
06-15-2002, 07:25 AM
Soooooooo.....guess what´s coming up next...;)

The Head-off-queen´s cardsoldiers on the hunt!!!!

jeroentje
06-15-2002, 07:33 AM
IMFG!!! :eek:
Tommy Lee; the unstoppable challenge-machine :cool: :buttrock:
Where will you take this one?

jeroentje
(Tommy Lee, there's this thing in your room, with pillows and blankets on it. It's called a "bed". Have you seen it last night? ;) )

Kirt
06-15-2002, 08:04 AM
Jeeez! Save some of that energy for the next challenge! You're a madman!

Love the second image almost more than the first. Now that you're starting on you third, I'm sure that one will be awesome as well.

Get some sleep Tommy Lee ... you're making the rest of us look bad. :D

hypercube
06-15-2002, 08:45 AM
My god..it's the energizer bunny challenge..you just keep going, and going..amazing. :surprised

Love the stuff and style..it's all got a coherence to it and I sort of like it better than mcgee's alice, more bent in the right ways. Can't imagine what the rest of the cast will be like. Rock on. :buttrock:

Only crit I can think of is that the b/w originals seem to lose a bit of the bold contrast when gone to colour..maybe throw some more darks back and up the saturation in places? Just a thought. I'll slink back to 3D land now.

I really dig the way you're doing it all regardless, genius stuff. Keep it coming, but DO get some sleep sometime, even if it's just to dream more of this craziness up. Maybe do Oz or other fractured fairy tales next? :D

lildragon
06-15-2002, 12:10 PM
you are a sick and twisted man... KUDOS!! :thumbsup: heheh

nice man very nice

a su salud

Tommy Lee
06-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Wow..Thank ya all.:bowdown:

Whats sleep? Never heard about that...lol!
My prob is, when something is in my mind I´ve to finish it or it gets lost. I am sure the most of ya know what I mean.

I think the second pic is better, because the first was a "step-into-photoshop" thingy.
Yes, this was my first ever in photoshop.
At the second one I had not to think about how to do, just what to do!!!!

And I am not the only "challenge-machine". I mean the fabolous
Sleepless. His name says more then 1000 words.

Thanks again, u are all amazing.
Can ya feel the love in the air:love:

Till the next update

Yours

PS: This weekend I´ll take a break!!!hehe!GOOOOOOOOOD NITE!

Sangotten
06-15-2002, 01:38 PM
...yep that's what I mean!!! It looks great!!!:beer:

Keep em coming!!!

Tommy Lee
06-17-2002, 01:33 AM
A little update... got´em!!!:twisted:

Kirt
06-17-2002, 02:39 AM
LOL Oh ouch ... that looks painful. Seriously, you are a twisted soul. Don't go changing! :D

One thought though ... you should have the card looking at the egg. Unless, he's using the force or something.

Tommy Lee
06-17-2002, 02:45 AM
lol...yeah...The card will look at humpty.

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Renderedbrian
06-17-2002, 07:57 AM
A little update... got´em!!!:twisted:

Right, Tommy, that's it!

I'm reporting you to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Eggs! :shame:

Seriously, nice work! :thumbsup:

-
brian

Tommy Lee
06-17-2002, 11:01 AM
@RenderedBrian: A big LOL!!!!!:D

jeroentje
06-17-2002, 11:14 AM
LOL :bounce:
Pass the salt please...

Tommy Lee
06-18-2002, 08:34 AM
Update: Sketch nearly finished(Was a bit lazy that weekend;) )

UrbanFuturistic
06-18-2002, 10:29 PM
F***in' hell Tommy! You even stop to breath once in a while?

Wonderful stuff, looks like the illustrations for a children's book by Tim Burton :D
regards, Paulhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/odubtaig/smilies/coffee.gif

Tommy Lee
06-19-2002, 06:23 AM
@odubtaig: Thanks man. This is a big compliment for me.
Tim Burton is one of the artists that inspired me most.

Cheerz

MonkeyBoy
06-19-2002, 06:47 AM
Looking good Tommy Lee!

I would agree with hypercube though that you lose some of the crispness of the b&w images when you colour them. If you don't want to leave them b&w you could try either paring back the blackwork (so you have less- only outlines and other important lines, and do all the shading with colour only) OR else use the b&w as a template only and totally replace it with the colour. At the moment they look a little like b&w photos that have been coloured (like in the old days before colour photos). If that is what you are going for fair enough, but I feel like it's not doing justice to your linework.

Not wanting to be mean or anything: I think you have a superb sense of line and composition, and good marriage of style and concept, just feel like you can take it even further.

Keep it up dude :buttrock:

Tommy Lee
06-19-2002, 07:20 AM
@Monkeyboy:

Thanks for ya crit. To make it short, thats just my style:)
But I will try it next time. sounds good for me. I´ll give it a try for sure....:bounce:
Anyway thanks to take time to crit.

By the way, I can´t wait for ya animation.Looks absolutly great:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Gamoron
06-19-2002, 03:45 PM
All I can say Tommy is that I hope you do this for a living. maybe what you could do is take a copy of the line work and throw it overtop and mulitply it. That way you can still keep what your doing but then maybe the effort you put into the line work will still be noticeable. I love it though, your method of colouring over grey reminds me of the way it was done during the renaisance. I think it was that period anyway, - they did a grey painting and add thin layers of colour overtop. :applause:
Fantastique!

Sleepless
06-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Man Tommy, you are on a roll, I like seeing somebody with so much passion for 2d. These are all great images and you are staying true to your style. This is feeling like a book project to me.

Here goes my one suggestion that you might try might on a future work.......
Think about trying to use a very minimal amount of true white highlight, save that very, very brightest white for the most important place in the art.

I never can adhere completely to this theory but if I try and remind myself while working I use less white highlights. Sometimes when painting I only use color (maybe warm yellow ochre) for the ligt areas until the piece is almost done and then bring out the final white hightlight weapon.

This trick will really makes the images pop out.

You rock:airguitar

jeroentje
06-21-2002, 08:13 PM
Did I mention this is great (again)?
Yes? Oh... okay than.
jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-22-2002, 11:00 AM
@Sleepless: Thanks for the tip. I´ll try this:bounce:
But I think I wont finish this one befor the challenge
ends, because I´ve so much work in my Tattoostudio
now. We rebuild the whole inventory and front of the
Shop:insane:
Also I´ve to ink much people now for vacationmoney.
But I will save this for later. Will surly use ya tip for
this one.
:beer:

@Jeroentje: Thanks!Thanks!Thanks!:blush:
By the way,.. Did I say that I really love ya
Illustrations? I think so, but...:bowdown:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

eirenicon
06-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Wow! Man, your artwork is just amazing. It's really dark, twisted, and definitely reminisce of Tim Burton. It's a warped look at Wonderland, and you ought to be both proud of your work - and committed to an institution ;)

Tommy Lee
06-23-2002, 01:39 PM
@timothyD: Thank ya veeeeeeery much....:wavey:

Sleepless
06-25-2002, 05:25 AM
Hey Tommy those tatoos are great, just like the images posted here. Your style translates well to human skin. Is it weird seeing your art on someones back?

Tommy Lee
06-25-2002, 01:35 PM
@Sleepless: It´s not weird, I´m more proud of to know, somebody is wearing my art under his skin till he/she dies. That´s a wonderfull feeling, to give someone a piece of ya soul.
Sounds a bit romantic...huh? But thats the way it is(for me)!!!

Cheerz

UrbanFuturistic
06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Tattoos? Pictures? Where?
curious, Paulhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/odubtaig/smilies/coffee.gif

Tommy Lee
06-26-2002, 12:03 PM
@Paul: Under 2d Artwork!!! One is called: "Special for Jeroentje"
and the other one: "2d or 3d...thats the question"

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

UrbanFuturistic
06-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Smart!

OK, I tried to give you five stars but it doesn't work so this image is for any times the forums are being poo :thumbsup:
regards, Paulhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/odubtaig/smilies/coffee.gif

Tommy Lee
06-27-2002, 12:37 PM
@Paul: Hey thats really nice.:blush: A Starpic for me:)
Thank ya veeeeery much!!!!!

Cheerz

Tommy Lee:beer:

jeroentje
06-28-2002, 03:45 PM
I could draw you 6 brown stars, but I think I will be kicked off of the board for life...
jeroentje

Tommy Lee
06-29-2002, 02:58 PM
LOL!!!!!:D

Tommy Lee
06-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Thank ya all for voting, comments and crits!!!!:beer:

5 Winners 5 Stars:eek: :)

Cheerz and love to ya all:love:

Tommy Lee

Tommy Lee
07-01-2002, 10:35 PM
For Lil´D to change the link in the votingpoll!!!

Thanks

Tommy Lee

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.