PDA

View Full Version : Still going ?

Swoop
10-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Well havent been around for a while, and just wanted to see if Alienz was still a go ;)

So lemme know if we are still working on this, and give me some simple modelling tasks :D

unLevel
10-19-2003, 12:29 PM
of course this is still going!!

I think they might need some props for the trailor park, might want to ask ila or kirt..;)

ilasolomon
10-19-2003, 11:12 PM
oh, hi...I tought they have deleted the entire forum months ago! so still there is 1 post per month...good! ;)
anyway, what we were doing? aha...making a short. short is good, let's make it.
cya next month.

unLevel
10-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ila_solomon
oh, hi...I tought they have deleted the entire forum months ago! so still there is 1 post per month...good! ;)
anyway, what we were doing? aha...making a short. short is good, let's make it.
cya next month.

what kind of attitude is that? :surprised

ilasolomon
10-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Dark humor

unLevel
10-20-2003, 12:22 AM
I'm scared of the dark....:)

ilasolomon
10-20-2003, 12:35 AM
But I love it! I'm an owl, remember? ... do not forget your flashlight. ;)
Cheers

unLevel
10-20-2003, 01:19 AM
I thought you were an The Antediluvian Bird? Is that a rare, especially sarcastic owl with bad hair? :p

Kirt
10-20-2003, 02:03 AM
:argh: Your killin me ...

ilasolomon
10-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Kirt? You alive! ... thanx god. :p :D where is our storyboard man?

Aearon
10-21-2003, 02:35 PM
:love: :cry:

JIII
10-21-2003, 03:38 PM
er yea i have been asleap for the past 4 months, sorry about not finishing the trailer I assume someone else did it right????

At least I hope so, girls and all kinda side tracked me from any CG. its still on my HD somewhere if anyone wants it.

Swoop
10-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Well not to be smartass here but i think the project needs a little pick me up in the form of an update on whats done, working on and still missing.

Make a new official thread with current wips ect, so people can get an idea of whats going on.

Also perhaps a status update in text form :D

Aearon
10-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Swoop you're not being smartass, but i don't think that will do anything. the point is, we just have to wait for the storyboards :shrug:

Originally posted by Kirt
Your killin me ...

there's only one way you can save yourself :twisted:

SheepFactory
11-03-2003, 09:03 AM
have you guys done any animation tests yet?

I would like to see how these models are moving?

ilasolomon
11-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Yup, Ali...they did make some anim tests, check this (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51791&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) thread for test-animations of the alien#1.

btw why you are not going to test-animate some of them?! :) If you want just ask me to send you the file links.

JIII
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
umm sorry i skipped out again. Can anyone give me more info about the status of the trailer, If there is anymore to know about it that is.

SheepFactory
11-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Hey Ila that would be great! ,

I would love to check out the model and do a couple test anims with it so Pm me anytime you want.

Ali

karabo
12-02-2003, 03:20 AM
hey guys, I have been watching this project since the beginning and I am really interested in seeing it done but it seems to have stopped. Are you guys still working on this? It would be a shame to give up on it after so much work has been put into it. This is really shaping up to be a great animation, I hope you guys continue to work on this.

Kirt
12-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah, sorry. Seems like it's my fault that this has come to a grinding halt. Rest assured it's only temporary.

Trying to get a handle on everything still pending on this (particularly the storyboards), and adjust to all the crud going on in R/L.

I'm not making any excuses. I suck. It's my fault. Sorry to make everyone wait.

But one thing is certain ... there's too much work already done to give up on the project. We will prevail, I am trying to get a few things taken care of before the end of the year. I promise not to get involved in too many other projects for 2004 (wow, an early new year's resolution).

:D

ilasolomon
12-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Cheers to Kirt, wish you and family big luck in the new year.
Salut

gmask
12-03-2003, 10:18 PM
I'd like to throw my hat in for some sort of contribution. It sounds like things are a bit up in the air now..

I think one thing that would really help (I know it helps me on all my projects) is a laundy / todo list. I can't seem to find a current one for this project.. did I miss it?

I see models for a cow, cat, Alien 1 and maybe 2 and indications that there is a spaceship?

So who is working on the trailer park and mother with curlers etc?

Kirt
12-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Done with modelling:

Mom & baby
Hero
Aliens 1 & 2
Galactic Jellyfish

In progress:

Spaceship
trailer
cows (we could always use another cow) & cat
misc props (some done, but I don't have a list right now)

To Do (not necessarily in order of importance):

1. textures and rigs on most of these models
2. more stuff that I haven't drawn yet
3. storyboards (yeah, I know)

Right now:

1. I'd still like to see some useful animation tests of these models that are rigged already. Not concentrating on trying to make a humorous clip but something practical showing how the model moves under normal circumstances (bending, twisting, walking, picking up stuff, etc.)

2. Voices! Someone who has a microphone and the ability to act needs to cut some voice samples. We need audio before animation takes place. We know what the characters look like already ... what do they sound like?

3. Really basic models to be used for an animatic. Once we have the audio and storyboards, animators can work on breaking down the shots in animatic format. That way we can see how the scenes play out (again dependent on me getting the storyboards done ... ugh, what a crappy year).

gmask
12-04-2003, 02:26 AM
2. Voices! Someone who has a microphone and the ability to act needs to cut some voice samples. We need audio before animation takes place. We know what the characters look like already ... what do they sound like?

Are there any scripts lines for test reads? Perhaps some vocal guidelines for characters just as a starting point?

Kirt
12-04-2003, 05:49 AM
New thread being started for vocal instructions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.