PDA

View Full Version : Getting Good Use Out of My Tablet

Signal2Noise
10-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Hiya! I figured this would be the best forum to ask in.

I just got and set up my new Wacom Intuos2 6x8 board. Now to get started in using it. Any good sites or other media of showing the ropes on getting results from it? I'm more into 3D CG (see sig) and am somewhat a newbie in Photoshop-type stuff. I've done traditional pen(cil) & paper 2D art but not digital. The reason for getting the tablet is twofold: A) to apply it in 3D apps when necessary, & B) to get the most out of freestyle CG art whilst learning Photoshop Elements/Painter (which came with the tablet).

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA.

klingspor
10-20-2003, 12:07 PM
I've haven't seen any tutorials myself, but I'd suggest you just get started by playing around with the different brushes in PS and Painter and see how they react to the movement of your pen - it's not all that different than working with traditional media.

I doubt a tutorial would teach you very much anyway, you just need to get a feel for the thing and that's all there's to it...

LittleFenris
10-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by stefanminning
I doubt a tutorial would teach you very much anyway, you just need to get a feel for the thing and that's all there's to it...

I agree. Just start playing with the different brushes and see how they act and look. Painter has an enormous # of brushes and medium to choose from...its crazy. I tried out a huge 12x12" tablet and hated it...way too big. I might just try getting a little Graphire2 and see how that works. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.