PDA

View Full Version : API: trying to open vcproj file in devkit

efecto
02-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi there.

I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm trying to open hellWorldCmd.vcproj in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 express under Windows Vista 64 bits, which can be found in Maya 2011's devkit directory.

When I try to open the file, the visual studio tries to convert it and gives me conversion errors.. all I would like to do is to open the helloWorld project then practice compiling for Maya 2011 64bits under Windows vista 64bits.

Could someone help me out?

here are the errors
This application has been updated to include settings related to the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows Vista. By default, when run on Windows Vista with UAC enabled, this application is marked to run with the same privileges as the process that launched it. This marking also disables the application from running with virtualization. You can change UAC related settings from the Property Pages of the project.

Failed to upgrade platform 'x64'. Please make sure you have it installed under '%vctargetspath%\platforms\x64'

Failed to upgrade 'ReleaseDebug|x64'. Please make sure you have the corresponding platform installed under '%vctargetspath%\platforms\x64' The project configuration dimension name/value "(Platform, Win32)" was not found in the project manifest.

Thank you.

Robert Bateman
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
It can't find the x64 compiler or platform SDK & libs. Seems you've only installed the 32bit components of VC++

efecto
02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi Rob.

Yes. I have 32 bit version of vc express C++. I think the 64 bits version costs..?

is there another compiler that I can use on windows 7 64bits?

cgrebeld
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Edit: Try here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s.aspx

efecto
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
thanks cgrebeld.

I'm now having this problem.(progressed a little but encountering new problems!)

apiSimpleShape.vcproj converts succefully even though there were warnings.
With this project file, I can go to Configuration Properties > General and select Windows7.1SDK in the Platform Toolset property.

However, with helloCmd.vcproj file. I don't have 'Configuration properties' tab, and only see 'Framework and References' and looking very empty in the 'Property pages' window.

what is going on here..?

Thank you.

[update]
I just noticed a difference between those 2 projects.
debug platform for the apiSImpleShape.vcproj has both win32 and x64, and it was set to 'win32'. As soon as I change it to 'x64' the configuration options seem to get lost..

In the helloCmd.vcproj, i only seem to have x64 debug platform option.. thus I can never get to the configuration menu options currently..

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.