PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Attributes for the Viewport on shaders

sirpalee
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Hello Guys!

I'm having some trouble supporting our shaders in the viewport (the untextured, shaded only version). AFAIK maya recognizes some attributes on the shaders like color, specularColor, transparency and so on. What is the right name for the specular exponent? I have tried different combinations, specularExponent, eccentricity (I was testing the builtin mental ray shaders), but none of them worked. Any ideas, how should I name that parameter (and what type?)?

With mental ray we connected a lambert shader to the SG, but that's not something I want to do with the new shaders... (and I don't want to create a hardware shading node... If the specular exponent parameter worked, that would be fine)

regards, Pal.

(btw the textured viewport works fine, since I have overriden the compute parameter in the MPxNode, and the shaders showed correctly both in the textured viewport, and in the hypershade. And if you wonder, why I needed to overwrite the compute shader, these shaders are for our in house arnold translator)

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.