PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Dezkin - xdroo

xdroo
02-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Ive been wanting to get my hands on Mari for months. Using a program for the first time and competing with it sounds like a challenge, should be a lot of fun. Will post my WIP asap.

xdroo
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Getting used the program, playing with the brushes and sorting the colour palette.

xdroo
02-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Refining the colour scheme.

leigh
02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
That's a pretty wild colour scheme you've chosen for the skin but I rather like it. You should check out some references of tropical fish for some ideas on how to further refine the colour variations and patterns. One thing you should be careful of is having a very busy skin texture as well as a very busy clothing texture, as that's likely to become visually competitive which could somewhat ruin your overall piece. If you have a very striking and detailed skin, then it would be better to go with a much simpler, more subdued look for the clothing (in other words, avoid patterns), so that it compliments the skin instead of competing with it.

xdroo
02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Hello Leigh, thanks for the advice, I will be keeping the clothing simple and free from complex patterns, most of the detail for the shirt and shorts will be in the bump map.

Have been getting to grips with the shaders and adding a little detail here and there to get an overall feeling for the figure.

Am contrasting the vibrant organic skin patterns with more subtle man made textures for the mechanical parts. Because the skin pattern is quite detailed I am keeping the colour palette simple.

Still lots to add, have just started on the bump and spec maps.

xdroo
02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Have been away from the PC for a few days. Here are my latest WIPs. I am almost happy with the skin colours, they are a bit messy but I hope to tidy them up and add the bump and spec maps tonight.

Next will be the boots and clothing details; stitching etc.

xdroo
03-07-2011, 11:49 PM
My final WIPs - images 1 to 3 of 5

xdroo
03-07-2011, 11:50 PM
My final WIPs images 4 and 5

Good luck everyone

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2011, 11:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.