PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Error

cg_master
10-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi, I just got Photoshop 6.0 and installed it. Everything worked fine. When I started it for the first time, something came up that said something like photoshop scratch and windows paging files in same folder or drive. Then it said I should put one of them in another drive or something like that. I don't know exactly what it said because it never came up again. Also, everytime I create a new file the default mode is greyscale but I want it to be RGB Color or bitmap. How do I do that? Also, which is better quality, RGB Color or Bitmap? Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

halo
10-17-2003, 10:55 PM
ok firstly the page file thing, thats just about making PS as fast as possible and avoiding problems as you run into large file sizes, ie its possible the scratch and pagefile can grown and leave you with no room to work

the second im not sure about,,,,its probably to do with the last thing saved or whats in your clipboard

the third,...each type of colour mode has its strenghts, weaknesses and uses, prob best to look in your manual, but for a start bitmap is an 1 bit black or white colour mode, rgb is the whole rgb gamut.

cg_master
10-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I still don't know what you mean by scratch and it growing to leave me with no more but I just didn't know if it would be a problem or not. I hope it doesn't but I just got Photoshop so ill have to experiment with it before I do any serious stuff with it. Thanks again. :)

halo
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
to be honest its probably worth sticking your nose in the manuals a little if you are going to do something serious.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.