PDA

View Full Version : Tangent operator property gone in 2011 sp1?

barbapapa
01-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi, its been ages since i dont have to do any creature render. Im using Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack and i usually go for using normal maps mixed with displacements... but i find that the tangent property is gone from: > get > property> tangent
where it used to be.... was that one of the things that got changed on this upgrade? because i do see it on the menu under 2011, and if so, what would be the way to properly render a normal map under this upgrade? Im testing to render under this two versions and with the subscription advantage pack there is no way i can get the same result than under 2011, at least not without the tangents operator.

cheers!

xsisupport
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Get > Property > Tangent is still there (down near the bottom of the menu, just above the Point Oven Morph Property).

Can you double-check?

If it is truly missing, then I would expect to see some errors logged at startup (in script editor...press Alt+4). Also, check the Plug-in Tree in the Plug-in Manager. Expand Factory Root > Plugin-ins: do you see a Tangent plugin?

barbapapa
02-02-2011, 05:25 AM
tangent is in pluguins but im getting lots of errors on the script editor, not only at startup but aswell when i go to properties and look for the tangent property. I think ill do a reinstall and be over with it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2011, 05:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.