PDA

View Full Version : Query/Set a manipulators current active handle?

PolyHertz
01-31-2011, 05:33 AM
How would you go about query'ing and setting the current manipulators active handle? I thought it might be possible via manipMoveContext / manipRotateContext / manipScaleContext via the -activeHandle flag, but that just returns the default not the current.

NaughtyNathan
01-31-2011, 09:52 AM
I'd suggest something is broken here... because you can set it and then query it fine:

setToolTo moveSuperContext; // switch to the move tool first!
manipMoveContext -e -ah 1 Move; // Y active handle set!
manipMoveContext -q -ah Move; // returns: 1 (success!)
but if you now manually select a different handle and query again it's still returns 1..?!?

that's not right?
:nathaN

goleafsgo
02-01-2011, 02:47 AM
The problem is that the flag is poorly named. If you read the doc's you'll see that the "activeHandle" flag sets the *default* active handle and not the actual active handle. i.e. the handle that you want to be active when you first enter the tool.

I don't think setting the actual active handle is exposed through any mel command...at least it doesn't look like it.

Off the top of my head, the only way I can think of to do it is to: query the current default active handle, set the default to what you want, re-enter the tool so it goes to the (new) default active handle, then set the default back to what it normally is.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2011, 02:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.