PDA

View Full Version : Ncloth export

santal
01-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi guys,
I am working on student project. I ended with my Ncloth mesh. And now I want to export it to
3ds max. I dont want to export whole simulation, but only one frame. I am going to do still image.

So I hit PLAY and waited until the mesh was in right position. After stoping the animation, I duplicated current mesh. Then I deleted the history and exported .FBX file. When I imported it to MAX, I got there input Ncloth mesh and not simulated current ncloth mesh.

Do you have any suggestion where I got wrong? Or do you have any other way how to get Ncloth to 3dsmax?

quirkalfeeg
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
If it's just for a still then I'd just export an .obj and that will be clean, with no baggage to come in to max with it...

Q.

santal
01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
If it's just for a still then I'd just export an .obj and that will be clean, with no baggage to come in to max with it...

Q.

I wanted to do it that way. But when I select Export Selection, there is not any option that say I can export it in .Obj. And only acceptable file format which work is .fbx. How can I export Obj file from Maya?

quirkalfeeg
01-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I wanted to do it that way. But when I select Export Selection, there is not any option that say I can export it in .Obj. And only acceptable file format which work is .fbx. How can I export Obj file from Maya?

Ah right - it's probably that you need to have the obj plugin running..Nip into plugins and check the box on and then you'll be able to export as an.obj..

hope it solves it...

Q.

santal
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Ah right - it's probably that you need to have the obj plugin running..Nip into plugins and check the box on and then you'll be able to export as an.obj..

hope it solves it...

Q.

Thanks. It helped me.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.