PDA

View Full Version : Basic ICE tutorials

pooby
01-28-2011, 09:31 AM
With Softimage ICE, you can visually program your own custom tools to rig and deform your characters.
I have made a series of free video introductions showing the workflow.
Even if you dont have Softimage, this is the way that everything is or will be going, so I think you might find it interesting.

http://vimeo.com/album/1518800

TheRazorsEdge
01-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Many thanks for putting these up, Paul! Great stuff!
Is there I way to direct-download the vids for offline access?

Cheers!

IkerCLoN
01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Many thanks for putting these up, Paul! Great stuff!
Is there I way to direct-download the vids for offline access?

Cheers!

If you register on Vimeo you will be able to download the videos from there (there's a link to direct download them).

Thanks for sharing this, Paul :buttrock:

pooby
01-30-2011, 12:25 AM
You're welcome.

Aaron Kent has started doing a few too. I'm hoping more people will join and make it a share-fest. I'd love to learn more myself.

http://www.vimeo.com/user667555/videos

TheRazorsEdge
01-30-2011, 09:19 AM
If you register on Vimeo you will be able to download the videos from there (there's a link to direct download them).

Thanks a lot, Iker! :)

Again, great vids, Paul! I have been putting getting into ICE off for too long now and your tutorials gave me just the right kick in the butt. I am hoping you'll do a similar tut on your muscle-deformer work!

Cheers!

TheRazorsEdge
01-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Double post, sorry!

Sigmao
01-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Big thank pooby, this is greatly appreciated!
I'm currently making my way through ICE and absolutely love the concept.
It's sad that there's so little technical animation related ICE tutorials.
The introduction of ICE kinematics in 2011 introduce a new way of rigging in a much better and object-oriented way than any 3d package can offer at the moment. It's too much fun to mess around with it.
So thank's again, that just made my day! :beer:

pooby
01-31-2011, 07:10 AM
You're welcome.

I think as time goes on, more ICE rigging tutorials will come out, Its still a pretty new concept to most of us to begin getting our heads around.
For me XSI's rigging is superb anyway, so I currently only use ICE KINE to invent the odd new constraint or specific joint effect or something.

TheRazorsEdge
01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
For me XSI's rigging is superb anyway, ......

Amen to that! And here's a "Maya-damaged" person commenting. lol

Looking forward to more from you, Paul!

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.