PDA

View Full Version : Needing critique please!-Technician Robot-

Miha9
01-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Hello everyone!

Here is a concept I made and really need some critique, I hope to improve this, so if anyone has suggestions I would really appreciate your opinion.
Thanks in advance :-)

Creeto
01-28-2011, 12:49 PM
if you don't wanna more stuff around it and look only for crits on the drawing i'd say you could use some more hard edges/remove some soft transitions. to make it more interesting you could add some liquid like water/slime/oil dripping from it. maybe some visible scratches etc.

the background looks a bit like some kind of fog. maybe add some indistinct soft shapes so it looks like there's something else there

that's all i could come up with right now. good luck :)

Miha9
01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey there Creeto! I like your suggestions and I will implement them. :-). I'll post again after the adjustments ...( I had the same feeling about the background ;)... )
Many thanks and have a great day!
( I hope I can help back someday...)

stuh505
01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
It looks like a good "core" structure but it looks like it's missing legs and arms and overall "balance." The background looks a little sloppy in the way that it blends into the edges in places. By the way I really like your golden android.

Miha9
01-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Hey Stuh505, you have a point there, indeed, this is an aspect that I gave to little importance and it's a good idea to come back to it, initially I imagined this thing as a flying (limited flying- hovering) utility robot for fixing stuff around a space-station propelled by some sort of electrical energy inside his "helm" (and hips) but I agree it is not enough obvious and balanced . I am grateful for your comment , thanks !
(I've noted it , great :-))
Glad you like my golden android :-)

Miha9
03-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey there! It's been some time ...I was too busy with other stuff but now I am back with this new udate on the technician robot. How do you find this? Any suggestions?
I'd appreciate your feedback! :-)

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.