PDA

View Full Version : help with human head and poles

cakewalkr7
01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I have this head that I'm working on and it has some poles in it that I'm struggling to figure out how to get rid of. The ones in the image that are highlighted are the ones that are causing some distortion. Anyone have any ideas how to change the edge flow to eliminate them or at least work them into areas where they won't be as noticeable? I know some are already in somewhat hidden areas but the ones by the mouth and cheek I'd like to get rid of if possible. Thanks.

http://i52.tinypic.com/259bss7.jpg

sqrlcub
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
A good portion of the poles you can't remove. They will be there in the places where your flow changes direction and connects. The ones on the face are generally placed well. Also, usually the loops from the bridge of the nose typically connects towards the corners of the mouth rather than going into the top lip. That would move that 5 pointer around to a place where it won't deform as oddly as the bottom of the cheek.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.