PDA

View Full Version : Extruding foreign text characters?

kyleb2112
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
What's the secret to extruding foreign text characters like--> ทั่วโลก?
So far I'm getting sporadic results with XSI leaving out characters. Is this a Windows font thing or something? I'm on Win7 X64 Home Premium.

grahamef
01-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Theoretically it should work if you have the correct fonts and Windows language packs installed. I just pasted the characters from your post above and it worked with no problem -- is that an actual example of something that didn't work for you? I'm on WinXP 32 though.

ThE_JacO
01-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Some fonts/packs are busted and will have either odd configurations or take shortcuts for some special characters.

Had issues ages ago with some characters when we were working on a commercial for the Middle East (it doesn't help not one of us had any knowledge of Arabic). It was solved by changing font back then.

Have you tried that?

Ohmanoggin
01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Have you tried converting the text to wireframe in Illustrator (or similar) and then importing with File / Import EPS?

Ohmanoggin

luceric
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I have no clue what is the problem you are running into (it seems to work here fine with theArial Unicode MS), but try choosing a font of a larger point size to give some more detail to the splines if you run into weird intersections

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.