PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best bang for my buck

Seku
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi name is JC and I'm new around here.

I've been looking around the internet a lot for a search on finding a great 3d animation school. I'm from Canada,Quebec, Montreal. Yes we do have some good schools (like NAD) but my problems are either it's in French, I need College (DEC) or it's just not good enough I find. I have have a High School and I'm finishing my Graphic Design Trade. Yes we all can't find that PERFECT school cause no matter where you go, you'll always find flaws so I know I cant be a perfectionist on this subject. But I can't help to feel that some schools are just all about the pretty page of maybe 10 amazing out of 100 students who are bumming out the 30K with no really good job cause they feel they couldn't get what they wanted on the learning side. So this is where I need some help. Now I know some people just dont have the passion for it. I grew up on video games and animation. I have pretty good art skills and ready to go all in. I'll even stay after school till I get kicked out, I dont care. This is my dream.

So what I am looking for is a school that not only their students have come out with Industry ready portfolios (ofcours you dont wana go somewhere with portfolios that make you say: ok....) Great teachers, great environment, students don't feel left out or dragged by slower students and good word of mouth.

Now a few schools that came to mind for me was in Vancouver, VFS, Think Tank Training Centre (heard great things on artschoolreview.ca) Sheridan and one in Hollywood that was really expensive.

I dont mind putting 30K but how many schools can you count that have that price tag? And I dont think that paying more means better at this point. Unless you train for longer. That is also a plus for me. I like longer cause I can train more for it but I dont want more time and it's all bullshit time.

I can go on and on but I think you can picture what I'm looking for or atleast give me an idea which is better or what you have heard. Much help and thank you!

P.S. Location doesnt matter

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.